A/C System Sealant??

Does anyone know anything about a sealant that can be mixed with the freon that supposedly will seal leaks within the system? Any advice/guidance/stories would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, if you use it and it doesn't work it can gum up the entire system. Only two things should be in the refrigerant circuit, oil and refrigerant.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbgross View Post
    Does anyone know anything about a sealant that can be mixed with the freon that supposedly will seal leaks within the system? Any advice/guidance/stories would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Yes, such a sealant exists.

My advice is to read this thread and pay very close attention to the pictures.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ght=Super+seal

Thanks JP

I have never seen any type of sealant (stop leak) of any kind that every worked, not even in automotive.

Unhappy

Tried the new sealant on 3 or 4 units, went to great effort to evacuate and replace dryers before installing, and within 3 or 4 weeks lost compressors on EVERY ONE of the units!!!! Would not.....repeat...would not use it at all again!!!!!!! Just bite the bullet and replace the leaking part, or you'll be replacing the compressor!! To the best of my knowledge we did not get it to work successfully at all!! I have no idea how this stuff stays on the market without a whole lot of lawsuits!!!

My company has used this crap (super seal) on 4 occasions. 3 Lockups and 1 that didn't seal the leak but would still run. leak is so bad in so many places we ended up changing the whole unit. New 410 system with a 95.5 furnace. Save your money and fix it properly before you learn the hard way by trying to do it the easy way.