Whats up fellas,

The other day somebody pulled a surge protector out of the wall socket without turing off the surge protector. since then, the power went out to certain plugs and switches. It has came back on to those areas randomly but then goes back out again if you turn on a switch or plug something in,in that area of the house. No breakers tripped at the breaker panel and when i check the voltage i have 120 going to all the breakers. ive also checked for loose wiring and i cant find the problem. The wiring in the house is a bit dated and whoever wired it up did a insufficient job. the only thing i can come up with is there is a possible ground fault somewhere causing a short or that the breaker panel is overloaded. any suggestions?