Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cvhe iom

cvhe iom

got a problem with a machine on one of mine accounts. i'm in dry dock till monday. got a partner working on it, talking thru the phone. he has my manual.
    does ennyone have it? 10th letter is design? cvhe071 'p' design. problem is no voltage to low reefer temp stat , gets signal outta remote oem starter panel
    (480v.) 1987 vintage, black panel, all original
    i need to sit down and attempt to figger it out. mechanic said machine runs unloaded continuesly, but doesn't go thru transition(?) at start? (doesn't make sense)
    i'll be back at the grind monday, really chomping at the bit now, like a hyena pacing before feeding time at the zoo.

think it's cvhe m-1

The problem could be simple(if unit still has original style capacity control module on control panel);First power down unit;remove cover from motor overload module (black box in starter cabinet);see the small plug in relay? remove it and identify it's coil voltage;(this relay is the contact closure for initiating transition);if it's coil voltage is same as coil voltage on load and unload relays in capacity control module,swap it with one of them to test;if unit now starts and transitions,troubleshooting is complete-replace relay-or-if don't have one available-determine if faulty relay simply has dirty contact and swap with other relay that is using the other of it's two contacts so that now the two swapped relays are using "fresh" contacts.

I should repeat-verify coil voltages are same.different vintage cap control modules used different coil voltages-some 12v some 24v-not sure if overload module used different coil voltage.

Hmmmm...... thanks nuke. wouldn't the machine trip out due to lack of transition, failure to accerlerate, hi amps, something? i'll be there monday. don't know iffen it will be repaired by then

heavymetal

If there is a low temp trip (ie the freezestat that you are not getting power to) the chiller will not load up. IF THE CHILLER DOES NOT TRANSITION it will NOT LOAD UP. A failure to transition keeps an aux contact open killing power to the load module. I am digging out SVG2 right now and will shoot you a copy that will at least give a guidline.

r404a

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    got a problem with a machine on one of mine accounts. i'm in dry dock till monday. got a partner working on it, talking thru the phone. he has my manual.
    does ennyone have it? 10th letter is design? cvhe071 'p' design. problem is no voltage to low reefer temp stat , gets signal outta remote oem starter panel
    (480v.) 1987 vintage, black panel, all original
    i need to sit down and attempt to figger it out. mechanic said machine runs unloaded continuesly, but doesn't go thru transition(?) at start? (doesn't make sense)
    i'll be back at the grind monday, really chomping at the bit now, like a hyena pacing before feeding time at the zoo.
    Hmmm... has to have transitioned, Not loading, no power @ freeze stat? Check for 120v from K28 aux. from starter. If that is good, check for 120 @ cap.controller. Nuclrchiller mentioned the relays on capacity cont. you can swap them, see if that works. Leaving water temp sensor (entering if set up for reset) could be open or shorted. Had the same problem 2 weeks ago, shorted leaving h20 sensor. Hope this helps. Hope it ain't the controller
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

heavy

on this panel, you will not get a callout or trip if you dont transition. remember also that the freeze controller has two sets of contacts and one is reverse acting, i think one opens to kill loading at a certain temp and the other MAKES to stop chiller ops all together...still looking for SVG2

r404a

I sent you CVHE-W1, don't have M1.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    think it's cvhe m-1
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    Hmmm... has to have transitioned, Not loading, no power @ freeze stat? Check for 120v from K28 aux. from starter. If that is good, check for 120 @ cap.controller. Nuclrchiller mentioned the relays on capacity cont. you can swap them, see if that works. Leaving water temp sensor (entering if set up for reset) could be open or shorted. Had the same problem 2 weeks ago, shorted leaving h20 sensor. Hope this helps. Hope it ain't the controller

good call tx

REMEMBER these old sensors had an extremely high resistance value, may look bad but not be.

Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    heavy

on this panel, you will not get a callout or trip if you dont transition. remember also that the freeze controller has two sets of contacts and one is reverse acting, i think one opens to kill loading at a certain temp and the other MAKES to stop chiller ops all together...still looking for SVG2

r404a
    You can get a distribution fault in some cases if motor current drops. 2 stage stat, first open forces chiller to unload dropping 120 to cap control, until pressure comes back up & closes switch again, if it drops below second the chiller will go down.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Man... the ctvg 2 will not tell you how to check the sensors (my copy doesn't anyway) had to resort to an (no offense to anybody) old timer to get the values to check them out. The are not a matched set. 2.0-2.5 voltsDC normal. polarity sensitive, .7 voltsDC is a shorted sensor 4VDC or greater is an open sensor.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

glad you found your tx. heavy will figure it out with W1 abs sent, pisses me off because I can't find my SG2...yeah, they don't give a sensor procedure check, they had a tester for those and the module...which are obsolete.

r404a

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast