Best thermostat for higher end York system

I'll be having a York duel fuel system installed soon and I'm trying to find the thermostat that will best meet my needs.

The system consists of:
    TM9V two stage furnace with variable speed fan
    YZH heat pump with two stage compressor

I mostly want to have good humidity control (might even install a whole house humidifier and dehumidifier) and 7 day programming. And the stat obviously has to control the multiple stages of the furnace and heat pump.

I tried looking up York's thermostats, but I wasn't able to find much information on their site. I've noticed that the Honeywell VP IAQ is well liked here...how well does it work with York equipment? Is there a better option directly from York?

I plan on talking to my installer about this in the near future, but I wanted to get your guys' opinions on it first so I didn't go into the conversation clueless.

The IAQ is a good stat for that system.
    It will control both stages of the furnace. And can slow down the blower for better humidity control in the summer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Okay, thanks. I'll talk to my contractor about getting it.

Go for a Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 with 3 stage heating and 2 stage cooiling.
    It's one of the top of the line and I think you would enjoy the ease of operation.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Just installed the top of the line York DFHP with the YZH HP & 80% VS furnace. Per Beenthere's and others advise I added the Honeywell IAQ tstat. York was OK with the IAQ versus their tstat on their rebates. Make sure your contractor knows how to set up the dehumidify options on both the tstat and furnace or seek advise here.

The IAQ with the remote equipment interface module saved effort by using the existing tstat wire instead of pulling 8-9 wires from the tstat to the furnace.

The IAQ and DFHP do a decent job of humidity control except when the AC requirement is not high enough for it to run - think 70's and raining. But we've had a cool summer.

Also, the York furnace was factory set to a blower speed that was way too high. Believe the advise here is 400 CPM/ton of AC. This is easy to change at the furnace. You can also manipulate the 24/7 and Circulating fan speed at the furnace from high to low CFM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkie View Post
    Go for a Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 with 3 stage heating and 2 stage cooiling.
    It's one of the top of the line and I think you would enjoy the ease of operation.
    The 8000 series can't control the blower speed for humidity control.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the recommendation, but a lot has happened in a day Yesterday I received a good quote on a Carrier ICS furnace and 19 seer heat pump from a very reputable company. Looks like I'll be going with the Infinity thermostat.

Thanks again!!