Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Scotsman Prodigy

Hows everyone getting along with the new Prodigy. Are they an improvement over the CME?? Maybe in efficiency. I am having many problems with them.

have a prodigy C2148 on my route with no major issues but PM . should I be watching out for something?

I've only worked on 3 so far I can remember and 2 were issues with the curtain switch.

Just diagnosed a faulty Board in a C1848 today.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by jdwendling View Post
    Hows everyone getting along with the new Prodigy. Are they an improvement over the CME?? Maybe in efficiency. I am having many problems with them.
    Bin switches & harvest assist solenoids have been my biggest issues.

But get it real clean first and see what happens.

Had some trouble with water floats.

But not eyes to fog up & give you trouble.

Biggest thing with all ice machines, keep it clean.

HTH
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

I'm in front of a 530 right now, customes says sits making thick ice....but i don't see it so far?? no alarms.

what tells it to go into harvest? the online manual doesn't have a running sequence..
    Let's give nukes a chance.

so far I've seen the ice not want to fall away from the evaporator, even with the assist...machine times out, i fount the water manifold covered with a blue paste kinda like when you make a baking soda paste...i cleaned that all out (machine was cleaned 3 months ago)..waiting

3 minute harvest machine shut off 20 seconds later ice drops then machine flashes a #2 "retrying harvest"..

wow just learned that if the ice doesn't trip the door on time, it takes 20 minutes for the machine to restart its self...20 MINUTES !

The ice thickness sensor says ice is thick enough and the water level sensor says the water is gone so it goes into harvest. Where is the machine located?
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

its in a wash room right next to the outside door...one other thing, the ice is not formed on the back side the ice is "curved" on the back
    side..the factory said this was caused by the way the water falls across the evap. the vent holes are open..

Or the machine isn't level.
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    its in a wash room right next to the outside door...one other thing, the ice is not formed on the back side the ice is "curved" on the back
    side..the factory said this was caused by the way the water falls across the evap. the vent holes are open..

just had a harvest fault, ice would not fall away from the plate . Found out it needs a new evap, as one of the horizontal bars has seperated from the evap plate , ice forms behind this loose bar and hangs on just will not release clean , a long harvest will give you a curve as the rear melts out , but the sheet is held in place by the seperated bar .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast