+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible problem with LG LHD65 dehumidifier

Post Likes

Possible problem with LG LHD65 dehumidifier

Not sure if this is the site to ask my questions and I'm not even sure a problem exists, but......Bought my first dehunidifier 2 months ago. Unit works well. It's installed on a shelf in basement of raised ranch. Basement sq. ft. is approximately 400, with the largest room being about 250 sq. ft. Lately the outside humidity has decreased due to weather changes, (I live in Northeast). Noticed this weekend that at setting of 50% or higher, unit would cycle off/on about every 10 min. If I set to 40% or lower, it would run much longer....can't say how long, but it wasn't cycling on/off. All windows and doors were closed.

--- Is this unit that sensitive that it senses humidity change and cycles like this, or is there a problem?

--- What is optimum humidity to maintain in basement?

--- Is a dehumidifier expensive to run? Can it be compared to a small air conditioner?

--- At what point do I know it's time to shut down for the season? When boiler starts to supply heat or outside humidity drops considerably?

Thank you,
    Dave

Post Likes
    --- Is this unit that sensitive that it senses humidity change and cycles like this, or is there a problem?
    Yes, the controls are sensitive and will cycle frequently on a small space with the current lite moisture loads. A eletronic timer outlet timer that only allows the dehu to operate one hour every three hours with reduce the short cycling.

--- What is optimum humidity to maintain in basement?
    <50%RH is great.

--- Is a dehumidifier expensive to run? Can it be compared to a small air conditioner? Operating continuously most resid dehus are $1/pint per month. 40 pint unit =$40.

--- At what point do I know it's time to shut down for the season? When boiler starts to supply heat or outside humidity drops considerably?
    Usually when the evening outdoor temps are <50^F evenings, the indoor %RH is <50%. The dehumidistat will stop cycling when not needed.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Teddy Bear,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in