Quote Originally Posted by quickcat46 View Post
Just a few thoughts on Health Insurance.

In 2007 there were 46.3 million people in the United States without health Insurance. That was 2 years ago when the economy was rolling along. Now in the middle of a recession that is pretty severe by any standards. With almost 10% of the workforce out of work how many people are now without coverage?

Why do we tie our health insurance to our jobs, the days when you got a job and stayed until retirement are over.

If one person through no fault of there own lose their house or a lifetime worth of savings then we need to rethink our healthcare policy.

If any person dies prematurely because they can't afford the treatment what does that say about us as human beings. I personally find this kind of behavior criminal, and I do believe that this has happened and will continue to occur until we deal with it.

If everyone was covered, would not the parents be sure the kids got all there shots and also make sure that Grandma and Grandpa got regular checkups and that the practice of preventive medicine would become much improved. By finding and identifying problems early the costs will always be much less expensive. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Save the tug on the heart strings. If the country goes bankrupt everyone suffers and the number that die due to lack of insurance will be much greater than even the number quoted as being uninsured.