Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo1301 View Post
    Let 'em try that shiz here in Texas.
    In Texas, you would have the right to lay a few rounds of buckshot in him. No questions asked.

"You hear someone stealing something off your front porch. You come out there with a gun, and they're running off. It's nighttime. The law in Texas allows you to shoot them," said former Dallas County prosecutor Toby Shook.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ck.6a8cbd.html
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Some states also have the Castle Doctrine, which basically says, that a perpetrator's estate may not sue you if you kill him in your home (thats a very simple explanation of the CD )
    Yes this state has thatAND it extends to your vehicle. Basically it states you have the right to protect yourself with deadly force!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

There are two basic and important parts to the Castle Doctrine (this is paraphrased, many states have variations of this Law)

1) No matter where you are, the space around you is "your castle" and you have a right to defend that space with deadly force if you or a family member is threatened.

2) and this (I feel) is the more important part, the Perpetrator or his family or estate may not, and are denied the right to sue you for wrongful death.

To many times a Victim defends themselves, they do everything right and then they get sued into financial oblivion by a scum bags family.

However, in NY we don't have this luxury. Those of us that carry a firearm have to very aware of the consequences of our actions. Two days a go three youngsters, ages 12, 14 & 15 were shot in a drive-by on BICYCLE, the 12 year old girl was shot in the face and died at the scene. Around here, if the perpetrator is moving away after shooting you can not return fire. Once the Bad guy (BG) stops shooting (in public) you have no duty to engage him. Your only duty is to be a good witness for the police
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Tennessee has a law that says if a criminal is injured in any way even maimed for life he cannot sue you if he is committing a felony like breaking and entering. You can set a bobby trap with a shotgun and if he gets blown away that is his fault and you are clear and free.

They passed that law after a farmer I believe in Missouri kept getting his house burglarized on a regular basis so he rigged a shot gun up to the window they liked to come in at and a guy was paralyzed for life. The criminal successfully sued the farmer and got his farm and everything he owed.

This was back in the late 60's and made national news. TN passed a law to keep that from happening. Good law. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

So we have a thing here called 'bear baiting', leaving out some stinky rotting stuff that attracts bears. You sit in a tree stand and wait for the bear to come around and you nail him.

Would it be sporting in Texas if you left a TV in the back of your truck (flat screen of course) parked in your drive?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So we have a thing here called 'bear baiting', leaving out some stinky rotting stuff that attracts bears. You sit in a tree stand and wait for the bear to come around and you nail him.

Would it be sporting in Texas if you left a TV in the back of your truck (flat screen of course) parked in your drive?
    Might not be legal, but I'd bring a 6 pack and a few boxes of ammo.

Works for me; but seriously what kind of stupid question is that.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Works for me; but seriously what kind of stupid question is that.
    So then it is sporting.

So then it is sporting.

I carry a 357 Ruger in my truck and 9MM in my house, if I catch you stealing from my truck, house, garage or my neighbor's you are dead period end of story. Sporting or not that is a fact. If you are so lazy you would rather steal than work you deserve to DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I carry a 357 Ruger in my truck and 9MM in my house, if I catch you stealing from my truck, house, garage or my neighbor's you are dead period end of story. Sporting or not that is a fact. If you are so lazy you would rather steal than work you deserve to DIE!
    2", 4", or 6" Ruger?

And in Saudi Arabia they only cut off your hand for stealing. Go figure.

2", 4", or 6" Ruger?

And in Saudi Arabia they only cut off your hand for stealing. Go figure.
    Maybe the Saudi's need to get serious about preventing theft.

So then it is sporting.
    Since when was shooting crooks a sport?

Do you need a license? A tag?

Is there an open season or a bag limit?

I've got a story about a chipper

When I was living in Alaska there was this couple in the neighborhood. Good people. Everybody liked them. He got into dogs and sled racing. After his first year he started getting hot and heavy; raising dogs, grinding his own feed, etc. Built a big building behind his house for it all.

About the end of the following season his wife left him. She left a note - she couldn't take the winters, she had met someone else, she was headed back south - he could have everything.

He moped around, was neglecting the dogs, asked everyone if they know who she had run off with, where they might have gone, etc. etc. Women in the neighborhood were all taking him food, people were having him over for dinner, all that stuff.

After a few weeks he said he couldn't stand it in the house alone. He put the house up for sale, he sold the dogs and sleds and her car for cheap. Sold all the equipment down to the walls.

The weather broke out a few warm days and he had a yard sale - said he was leaving the house with the Realtor - he just had to get out.

Of course everybody came out to show support, buy what they could, and so forth.

A couple of the local women had a little huddle and got to talking about things. About a week later they arrested the guy for 1st degree murder. The police had tracked down the guys he had sold all his dog equipment to. Turned out that the last meat he had ground and fed to the dogs was his wife's frozen body. Idiot couldn't run a dozen more frozen cows through first?

Then at the yard sale he had spread out all his wife purses, underwear, bras, jewelry, etc.

When the women saw that they said: What? What woman runs away from home and leaves her underwear? Her jewelry? Etc.? So two of them went to the police and told them their suspicions.

I think he ended up pleading it to life, but still - what a friggin moron.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    a chipper/shredder and a couple good size dogs is all you really need, no fuss, no muss
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast