Trust in bankers.

The BBC is running a series AFTERSHOCK: CRISIS ONE YEAR ON
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/...ch/default.stm

Some interesting information like the following from Alan Greenspan.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8244600.stm

"The bankers knew that they were involved in an under-pricing of risk and that at some point a correction would be made," he said.
    the unquenchable capability of human beings when confronted with long periods of prosperity to presume that it will continue.
    In order to prevent the situation arising again, financiers and governments should look to clamp down on fraud and increase capital requirements for banks, the former central banker said.
    Regulations targeting the latter would mean banks would be forced to hold enough money to cover their normal operations and honour withdrawals.
    Hope the bankers do a better job next time.

Another interesting story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8248434.stm

Now Greenspan says banks need to be regulated,when he ran the Fed he said they could do that themselves.Thats one big reason we are in a mess now.This guy should shut up and go back to his retierment.Every once in a while he wants to be in the news,and says some BS The new guy we have now"uncle Ben" is much better

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Now Greenspan says banks need to be regulated,when he ran the Fed he said they could do that themselves.Thats one big reason we are in a mess now.This guy should shut up and go back to his retierment.Every once in a while he wants to be in the news,and says some BS The new guy we have now"uncle Ben" is much better
    It might be now that he is not making money riding the system (bonuses) that he sees things differently. Being unregulated is fine on the way up but those damn corrections certainly do hurt.

Al Greenspan has turned into a complete freaking idiot. He has two sets of stories ready at all times. It just depends on who he is talking to, as to which story he tells.

I wouldn't trust him with a savings account
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Al Greenspan has turned into a complete freaking idiot. He has two sets of stories ready at all times. It just depends on who he is talking to, as to which story he tells.

I wouldn't trust him with a savings account
    So your saying there should be no regulations over bankers?

There should be regulation but not so much they cant make money, this money will filter down Got to let them be a little greedy

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So your saying there should be no regulations over bankers?

Jesus? how did you come to that conclusion, from my statement the goof has two stories? all I was saying was;

(1)If he's talking to Congress or the media, it was all Clinton's and Bush's fault. (2)if the guy is talking to the media, it was all Berneke's<sp> fault.

It was never HIS FAULT! I believe Greenspan stated this mess back when he was the Fed Chairman during the REGAN ADMINISTRATION

OH YA, I think "the Fed" should be abolished
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Jesus? how did you come to that conclusion, from my statement the goof has two stories? all I was saying was;

(1)If he's talking to Congress or the media, it was all Clinton's and Bush's fault. (2)if the guy is talking to the media, it was all Berneke's<sp> fault.

It was never HIS FAULT! I believe Greenspan stated this mess back when he was the Fed Chairman during the REGAN ADMINISTRATION

OH YA, I think "the Fed" should be abolished
    Previous post makes more sense now.

I never did trust the guy even in the good times.

A point of possible intrest, Before Greenspan became an economist he wanted to play Tenor Saxaphone as a profession. He was friends with the late,great Stan Getz and they went to the same music school. The teachers neme was Bill Sheiner,you can google the mame and read about him.I went to that school as a teenager and at one time Stan Getz came to visit
    Last edited by coolperfect; 09-14-2009 at 12:28 AM.