Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    You are talking about a very small percentage of gays, not most.

Hey, I don't think gay sex is right, but I choose my battles where I see fit. This is a battle that isn't worth fighting!!!!

Oh, and show me some proof that gays have a higher instance of child molestation. I'm not buying that.

OK here is the proof. There is a lot more research showing the same thing but here is one.

http://www.familyresearchinst.org/20...mosexuality-2/

Proportionality: The Key

Study after nationwide study (3) has yielded estimates of male homosexuality that range between 1% and 3%. The proportion of lesbians in these studies is almost always lower, usually about half that of gays. So, overall, perhaps 2% of adults regularly indulge in homosexuality. Yet they account for between 20% to 40% of all molestations of children.
    Child molestation is not to be taken lightly. Officials at a facility which serves about 1,500 runaway youngsters each year estimate that about half of the boys have been homosexually abused and 90% of the girls heterosexually assaulted. (27) Investigation of those suffering severe chronic mental illness implicates child molestation as a primary cause (45% of Bigras et al’s (28) patients were homosexually abused).
    If 2% of the population is responsible for 20% to 40% of something as socially and personally troubling as child molestation, something must be desperately wrong with that 2%. Not every homosexual is a child molester. But enough gays do molest children so that the risk of a homosexual molesting a child is 10 to 20 times greater than that of a heterosexual.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    OK here is the proof. There is a lot more research showing the same thing but here is one.

Study after nationwide study (3) has yielded estimates of male homosexuality that range between 1% and 3%. The proportion of lesbians in these studies is almost always lower, usually about half that of gays. So, overall, perhaps 2% of adults regularly indulge in homosexuality. Yet they account for between 20% to 40% of all molestations of children.
    Child molestation is not to be taken lightly. Officials at a facility which serves about 1,500 runaway youngsters each year estimate that about half of the boys have been homosexually abused and 90% of the girls heterosexually assaulted. (27) Investigation of those suffering severe chronic mental illness implicates child molestation as a primary cause (45% of Bigras et al’s (28) patients were homosexually abused).
    If 2% of the population is responsible for 20% to 40% of something as socially and personally troubling as child molestation, something must be desperately wrong with that 2%. Not every homosexual is a child molester. But enough gays do molest children so that the risk of a homosexual molesting a child is 10 to 20 times greater than that of a heterosexual.
    There are all kinds of 'family' or 'Christian' web pages that use the same source for their conclusion. I tried to chase down the sources and came up with this.

Dear Dr. Marshall,
    I am writing to you from the Center for Inquiry; you can check us out here:
    www.centerforinquiry.net and also our local community on Long Island, NY which I coordinate here: www.centerforinquiry.net/li .

As you may be aware, you are often used as a citation by the American Family Association (AFA) and others as proving or giving evidence to a strong
    correlation between adult homosexuality and child molestation. In New York, the AFA is conducting a campaign to have the legislature study this issue and cites your study, "Early onset and deviant sexuality in child molesters" in the
    Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1991.

Here is their entire citation: "Of 91 molesters interviewed at Canada's
    Kingston's Sexual Behavipor (sic) Clinic, 42% were gay. "W.L. Marshall, "Early
    onset and deviant sexuality in child molesters", Journal of Interpersonal
    Violence (1991) , Vol. 6, pp. 323-336."
    You can find this citation used numerous times on the Internet to promote antigay legislation.

Does this quote accurately summarize findings in your study or in subsequent
    studies, or is it misleading, or out of context?

The author of the cited report.

Dear Mr Dantone,

I have no idea where this quote came from but it was certainly NOT from my
    article that you cited. That paper was not concerned with homosexuality at all.

To the best of my knowledge I have never said that “Of 91 offenders interviewed at the Kingston Sexual Behaviours Clinic were gay”.

W. L. Marshall, O.C., PhD, FRSC
    Rockwood Psychological Services
    http://www.centerforinquiry.net/uplo...orTheWeb_1.pdf

The internet is a wonderful place for getting information.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Classical, first link does not work. Second is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Classical, first link does not work. Second is laughable.
    There were at least two dozen others with the same premise. There were an equal number with your perspective. The point is which is accurate both sides have an agenda, USC is a hotbed of Liberalism and will always side against any anti gay report.

Psychology is a speculative science at best.

There were at least two dozen others with the same premise. There were an equal number with your perspective. The point is which is accurate both sides have an agenda, USC is a hotbed of Liberalism and will always side against any anti gay report.

As always the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

http://www.narth.com/docs/innate.html

You may not like the source but an interesting read.

Consider this if environment is not a factor in who we are attracted to, why do we have preferences. Why do I prefer Brunettes and Redheads to Blondes. I prefer women with small breast, with what many would consider big legs and I find skinny women unattractive.

We all develop preferences throughout our youth.

The point of this thread however is that the networks have an agenda to indoctrinate our children with an acceptance of homosexuality and free sex that is wrong and unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

The author (Paul Cameron) of your article is a religiously motivated quack with no credibility in the scientific community. He has been kicked out of the American Psychological Association for misrepresenting and distorting the work of reputable scientists and using it to sensationalize his point of view on homosexuals.

Six serious flaws in Cameron's survey have been identified: http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...on_survey.html

The following is a quote from Dr. A. Nicholas Groth, a recognized leading expert in the study of child molestation: "It appears, then, that the heterosexual male constitutes more of a threat of sexual vicitmization to the underage child than does the homosexual adult."
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

It is not about numbers. It's about credibility.

You and Glenn posted links to organizations or individuals who have a history of misrepresenting, cherry-picking and distortiing academic studies to suport their agenda. You linked to an organization named Narth which published an article by Dean Byrd. Two of the scientists Byrd quotes in his article say that Byrd dishonestly uses their work to support his view. A view that neither scientists say they espouse.

Most of the information and views provided by these groups and individuals is of a low credibility, is contradicted by peer-reviewed scientific studies and is considered invalid by professional scientific organizations.

This intellectual dishonesty by the anti-gay forces is detrimental to a rational discussion of this important issue.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    It is not about numbers. It's about credibility.

You and Glenn posted links to organizations or individuals who have a history of misrepresenting, cherry-picking and distortiing academic studies to suport their agenda. You linked to an organization named Narth which published an article by Dean Byrd. Two of the scientists Byrd quotes in his article say that Byrd dishonestly uses their work to support his view. A view that neither scientists say they espouse.

Most of the information and views provided by these groups and individuals is of a low credibility, is contradicted by peer-reviewed scientific studies and is considered invalid by professional scientific organizations.

This intellectual dishonesty by the anti-gay forces is detrimental to a rational discussion of this important issue.
    You know Geer I do not give a **** one way or the other if homosexuals are more or less likely to be pedophiles, that was Glenn's assertion and I did some research and that is what I found. So some in one field say that someone else lied or misrepresented what they said. For the most part I suspect both sides fudge the truth to suit their particular proclivities.
    You say the anti-gay groups are dis-honest how do you know for sure the pro-gay group is not more or equally as dis-honest. Have you performed the test or the studies or do you just want to believe for the gays.

The fact is there is no empirical data to prove that homosexual behavior is not a matter of choice. I do not care what you do in the bedroom if you want to pursue any perverted lifestyle fine just do not push it down my throat or inflict it on my family.
    I know of sexual perversion that heterosexuals partake in that are tame compared to homosexuals, I do not want them to be mainstreamed or broadcast over the airwaves either. That is the crux of this thread not pedophiles or semi scientific studies.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Two of the scientists Byrd quotes in his article say that Byrd dishonestly uses their work to support his view.
    True. In addition, from what I've read of the subject, Byrd also tells "half truths" such as the following;

"Research has not proved that homosexuality is genetic"

Quite true! Unfortunately, Mr. Bird leaves things at that. Which is a lie of omission in my book.

That's because the opposite is also true.

"Research has not proved that homosexuality is not genetic."

My stance on the issue has been well-stated in the past. I really don't care what people do behind closed doors. If any group, homosexuals or minorities seek equality, then I would say it is prudent to ACT the same as those who they wish to be equal to!

I dont march in hetro parades, flash the hetro signal or put hetro bumper stickers on my car.

To me, this is the same as the "black power" meeting when whites would be figuratively crucified for doing the same thing.

In other words, they harm the very cause that they say that they are for! Equality.

Though, I'm sure that many are not like that, the ones that are seem unpalatable and way over the top to me. And they are the ones who force parents to discuss certain issues that may not be at a time of thier choosing.

Still, "agenda science" has no more rightful place here than it does in the realm of creationists.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Bottom line here. Geer will defend the Democratic base no matter how perverted they are which includes the gay community. I will stand by those studies. Back in the 60's the gay agenda moved into the field of psychology and had the Psychiatristic Association declare that homosexuality was not an abnormality and was normal.

They have been defending them ever since. The gays have a very powerful lobby and it gets a full hearing in our government especially in Democratic circles. They just like the Democrats will manipulate the truth and lie to prove there point or support their agenda. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by glennac; 09-14-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Television has for decades promoted one agenda or another, usually liberal.

At one time, shows portrayed all conservatives as dumb, ignorant, bigoted or all of the above. It was the task of the "enlightened, educated" liberals to try and drag the Neanderthal into modern times.(All In The Family ring a bell?)

At other times, shows would push the "anti-gun" theme in which every bad thing that could possibly happen did happen the minute the evil gun was brought into the house. Often, one of the aforementioned conservatives was shown brandishing the evil device and bragging about what he was going to do if someone tried anything with him.

Recently, the agenda has been how wonderful it is to be gay.

While "agenda-pushing" is not new, it has certainly gotten more brazen in recent years.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast