Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 95
  1. #27
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,316
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    The fact that my daughter was born the way she is, I know that TV will not influence her sexual preference!!

    And as far as being influenced, we all see sex, violence, and criminal acts everywhere. She is smart enough to make her own decisions because that is the way she is being taught. Like I said, to waste your time worrying about what they show on TV is ridiculous. Gay sex, murder, violence....big deal!!! She will turn out fine because of good parenting. That includes limiting how much she is exposed to certain things. She already understands that some men are with men, and some women are with women.....we are raising her to accept all types of people because everyone is different.
    Well Seaton take it for what it is worth but I would say that this attitude has a very large bearing with the reason you are in your current situation. This country is failing and our position in the world is failing because of a serious lack of moral standards.

    If you and others cannot see that children seeing that their idols on TV and in the movies have no moral brake and that anything goes as far as restraints in life give them the go ahead for similar conduct, I feel sorry for you. Peer pressure is a major obstacle to overcome in a young person’s life and when those on the public stage exhibit no restraint in their behavior it makes it that much harder for a young person to buck the trend.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Well Seaton take it for what it is worth but I would say that this attitude has a very large bearing with the reason you are in your current situation. This country is failing and our position in the world is failing because of a serious lack of moral standards.

    If you and others cannot see that children seeing that their idols on TV and in the movies have no moral brake and that anything goes as far as restraints in life give them the go ahead for similar conduct, I feel sorry for you. Peer pressure is a major obstacle to overcome in a young person’s life and when those on the public stage exhibit no restraint in their behavior it makes it that much harder for a young person to buck the trend.
    To address the 1st paragraph:

    Think what you want but gays on tv has nothing to do with how I, u, my daughter, or the easter bunny conduct themselves.

    2nd:

    Don't feel sorry for me. I'm a grown man, who had made mistakes, but is on the fast track to fixing them.

    And you think gays need to show restraint in what is natural for them?? LOL; Are you telling me that all of a sudden you could choose who you're attracted to?? It's this way of thinking that just drives me crazy. Like if they just block out these insticts they can be "normal", whatever that means.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,316
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    To address the 1st paragraph:

    Think what you want but gays on tv has nothing to do with how I, u, my daughter, or the easter bunny conduct themselves.

    2nd:

    Don't feel sorry for me. I'm a grown man, who had made mistakes, but is on the fast track to fixing them.

    And you think gays need to show restraint in what is natural for them?? LOL; Are you telling me that all of a sudden you could choose who you're attracted to?? It's this way of thinking that just drives me crazy. Like if they just block out these insticts they can be "normal", whatever that means.

    I do not know for sure if gays are born that way or not. I do know that bisexual behavior is a choice and this is on the rise especially among young women. If you deny this you have your head in the sand. Yong women see this stuff on TV and think what is the harm, also why do you think sexting is becoming such a big thing. Guys see this stuff on TV and they want girls to perform for them and the girls see little harm.
    Long term this behavior is going to come back and haunt them in a future relationship or in their careers.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Some people want to lead us to believe that a 30 minute tv program or a Hollywood movie does not affect our children.

    Yet, advertisers are willing to pay many thousands of dollars for a one minute ad because they KNOW that people are affected by what they watch and sales will increase due to that 60 second ad.

    We and our children are affected by what we watch! When we regularly hear the same message we gradually become more accepting of that message especially as those around us also become accepting of the message.

    I know this is true from some who post here. People believing things that they never would have considered just a few years ago.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I do not know for sure if gays are born that way or not. I do know that bisexual behavior is a choice and this is on the rise especially among young women. If you deny this you have your head in the sand. Yong women see this stuff on TV and think what is the harm, also why do you think sexting is becoming such a big thing. Guys see this stuff on TV and they want girls to perform for them and the girls see little harm.
    Long term this behavior is going to come back and haunt them in a future relationship or in their careers.
    Ya, because there are all kinds of bisexual women causing all kinds of problems...oh brother.


    What if you had a gay son??? Would you blame society? Or would you accept the fact that maybe it's just the way he is??? Do you honestly think you could change it???

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Ya, because there are all kinds of bisexual women causing all kinds of problems...oh brother.


    What if you had a gay son??? Would you blame society? Or would you accept the fact that maybe it's just the way he is??? Do you honestly think you could change it???

    There is no evidence for a "gay" gene. There is however, a great deal of evidence that people are influenced by society, friends, parents and the media.

    We choose our actions and are responsible for those actions. I was raised in a moral home with moral parents and relatives. My children are being raised the same. It is interesting that they are (as I have) following in the tradition of those very moral principles by which we were raised.

    So don't make the claim that we are not influenced by our upbringing. We absolutely are and parents must take an active role in what our children view, hear and learn. It matters a great deal.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    There is no evidence for a "gay" gene. There is however, a great deal of evidence that people are influenced by society, friends, parents and the media.

    We choose our actions and are responsible for those actions. I was raised in a moral home with moral parents and relatives. My children are being raised the same. It is interesting that they are (as I have) following in the tradition of those very moral principles by which we were raised.

    So don't make the claim that we are not influenced by our upbringing. We absolutely are and parents must take an active role in what our children view, hear and learn. It matters a great deal.
    I agree with all those statements, as long as you aren't talking about gays.

    "gay" gene??? There is no "straight" gene either.

    I would venture to guess that a lot of gays and lesbians live their life of higher moral standards than a lot of straight people.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Not sure how two women lapping up each other's love is any more perverted than me doing it.
    HAH! Yeah. Me either.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,496
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    .......................
    I would venture to guess that a lot of gays and lesbians live their life of higher moral standards than a lot of straight people.
    What can one say to that. You mean no morals don't you. They have as a group a much higher instance of child molestation per capita than straights and there basic sex acts are not only immoral but lead to much higher VD rates also. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,719
    Thats why I watch "Fast Money" and "Watch TV get rich" no funny stuff on these shows
    Last edited by coolperfect; 09-13-2009 at 09:57 PM.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    What can one say to that. You mean no morals don't you. They have as a group a much higher instance of child molestation per capita than straights and there basic sex acts are not only immoral but lead to much higher VD rates also. Thank you very much.
    One of the most used references on linking gays (we are talking male not lesbian abuse because lesbian sexual child abuse is rare) with child abuse is a report written by long time (by his own admission) anti-gay activist Steve Baldwin. He writes:

    It is simply amazing that gay propagandists and sexology "experts" are successfully bamboozling the public and the media into believing that a man’s exclusive focus on young males should not be defined as homosexuality! But if an exclusive attraction of a male to other males of any age is not homosexuality, what is?
    Probably a good answer is found in

    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...the-false-link

    In contrast, child molesters often exert power and control over children in an effort to dominate them. They do experience sexual desire for adults, but molest children episodically, for reasons apart from sexual desire, much as rapists enjoy power, violence and controlling their humiliated victims. Indeed, research supports that a child molester isn't any more likely to be homosexual than heterosexual.
    From an extensive repost on child abuse.

    Sexual Abuse: In cases where sexual abuse was indicated as the primary substantiated maltreatment, 63% (an estimated 1,859) involved female children, and 37% (an estimated 1,075) involved males. The proportion of males to females varies considerably by age group. There were approximately the same number of male and female victims under 8 years of age, with slightly more males in the 4 to 7 age group and slightly more females in the group up to 3 years of age. Females, however, constituted 62% of the victims aged 8 to 11 years and 79% of the adolescent victims.
    Page 65
    http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cm-vee/cs...se_final_e.pdf


    The Badgley Report of the mid-’80s concluded that “53 percent of females and 31 percent of males have been victims of one or more unwanted sexual acts.”
    Why Sport Organizations are Vulnerable to Sex Offenders

    Sex offenders target all kinds of organizations where children and youth are present, not just sport organizations of course. Sexual abusers look for circumstances and characteristics that will make it easy, or easier, to find and target victims.
    http://www.cornwallinquiry.ca/en/hea...pdf/Sports.pdf

    If we are going to paint a segment of the population with a wide brush I would say you should be more afraid of who is coaching your children than gays.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    What can one say to that. You mean no morals don't you. They have as a group a much higher instance of child molestation per capita than straights and there basic sex acts are not only immoral but lead to much higher VD rates also. Thank you very much.
    You are talking about a very small percentage of gays, not most.

    Hey, I don't think gay sex is right, but I choose my battles where I see fit. This is a battle that isn't worth fighting!!!!

    Oh, and show me some proof that gays have a higher instance of child molestation. I'm not buying that.

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    This is long, but debunks most of what you say.

    http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event