Is this Bryant system matched ok?

Hi Everyone,

I got a quote today for replacement furnace and air conditoner. They are the following components and I am wondering if anyone could comment on whether it is all matched properly and also whether this model of air conditioner can be controled with the Evolution controller. Any opinions on upgrading that A/C to the Preffered series? Thanks!

Furnace: Bryant 355cav042060
    Air Conditioner: Bryant 124ANA024
    Evap coil: CNVP3017
    Humidifier: Aprilaire AA600
    Evolution Control

Exclamation COMPLETE proposal needed

Quote Originally Posted by tb03 View Post
    I got a quote today for replacement furnace and air conditoner.

They are the following components and I am wondering if anyone could comment on whether it is all matched properly ...

Furnace: Bryant 355cav042060
    Air Conditioner: Bryant 124ANA024
    Evap coil: CNVP3017
    What ARI number was provided in your proposal ?

If not provided, what did your HVAC firm state when you asked for the ARI number?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

yes as listed, this is an AHRI matched configuration.

3047932 Active Systems LEGACY 14 PURON AC BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS 124ANA024-D CNPV*3017A** 355(A,C)AV042060 23200 13.00 16.00 1 RCU-A-CB 157 Yes

this condenser is the Legacy 14 and has good numbers. you might want to check the price difference for the Preferred 15 or new Preferred 17 AC condenser.

IMO

Thanks for the responses.

From everything I have read though, it says that A/C cant be used with the Evolution controller. How does that work?

If they can somehow use it, what features/functionallity will I lose by not having an A/C that says its compatible with the evolution control?

figure out the true match here:
    http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ages/home.aspx

I'd strongly recommend a heat pump instead of a/c - even in Minnesota.

And Carrier/Bryant has a really cool water saver humidifier - get that too.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Thumbs up

What you were quoted has been a popular furnace and a/c combination for us this year. The Evolution control will not communicate with the air conditioiner, but you will still be able to use the control for advanced dehumidification.

The 165 is a great air conditioner as well. It operates a bit quieter, and gives status updates to the Evolution control.

Either way you will be happy with your new system.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    What you were quoted has been a popular furnace and a/c combination for us this year. The Evolution control will not communicate with the air conditioiner, but you will still be able to use the control for advanced dehumidification.

The 165 is a great air conditioner as well. It operates a bit quieter, and gives status updates to the Evolution control.

Either way you will be happy with your new system.
    Sorry to keep this going. I'm sure this is a stupid question but since the Evolution controller won't communicate with the air conditioner, does that mean I will have to have 2 thermostats or control panels or will the one evolution controller at least turn the a/c on and off?

Thanks!

Sorry to keep this going. I'm sure this is a stupid question but since the Evolution controller won't communicate with the air conditioner, does that mean I will have to have 2 thermostats or control panels or will the one evolution controller at least turn the a/c on and off?

Thanks!

The Evolution controller can be used with that outdoor unit, just won't communicate with diagnostics.

Only the one Evolution control stat will be needed.

And you will be happy with the system if it is installed correctly. I have installed several of these systems, and every customer has been impressed with them after the fact.