HEAT PUMP WONT WORK-POSS LIGHTNING STRIKE

MY SEARS HEAT PUMP IS 13 MO OLD AND WILL NOT START. I SET THE THERMOSTAT AND IT SAYS COOLING AND SHOWS INSIDE TEMP AND TEMP SET TO RUN. NOTHING HAPPENS OUTSIDE AT FAN UNIT OR INSIDE FAN.. NO CLICKS LIKE ITS GOING TO START.
    HERE'S THE STORY. FRIDAY, AS WE WERE LEAVING TO GO TO HOUSTON, THERE WAS A VERY VERY SEVERE LIGHTNING STORM AND THE HOUSE GOT HIT. THE WHOLE HOUSE WAS OFF. MY POOR HUSBAND RAN OUT(YES, IN THE STORM) AND FLIPPED THE BREAKERS. THE PHONE BOX ON THE HOUSE WAS DESTROYED AND BURNED UP. EVERYTHING ELSE APPEARED TO START BACK UP. WE CALLED PHONE CO AND TOLD THEM TO COME OUT. WE THEN LEFT FOR THE TRIP, RETURNING LAST NITE, TO FIND THE A/C WAS OFF AND THE HOUSE HOT.
    AFTER TAKING OFF THE PANEL COVERS TO BOTH INSIDE AND OUT UNITS, WE SAW THE "5" FUSE WAS BLOWN. WE REPLACED THAT AND THE UNIT STARTED UP.. WHILE WE WERE HIGH FIVING EACH OTHER.. THE CIRCUIT BOARD ON THE OUTSIDE UNIT STARTED TO SMOKE AFTER 3 OR SO MINUTES OF OPERATION. WE TURNED OFF THE THERMOSTAT AND LOOKED AT THE FUSE, IT WAS OK. THE FAN OUTSIDE AND INSIDE WAS RUNNING, AND THE COPPER PIPE THAT GETS COLD, WAS GETTING COLD UNTIL WE SAW THE SMOKE AND TURNED THE SYSTEM OFF. WE TURNED IT ON 3 TIMES AND IT WOULD SMOKE NEAR/ON? THE CIRCUIT BOARD, TIL IT WAS TURNED OFF.
    MY QUESTION.. WHAT NEXT? IS THE BOARD BAD FROM THE HIT? OR WOULD SOMETHING ELSE BE CAUSING IT TO SMOKE.
    I FOUND THE CIRCUIT BOARD ON SEARS PARTS. ITS CALLED A DEFROST CONTROL PCB. THERE IS ALSO A FAN CONTROL CIRCUIT BOARD TOO, BUT I DONT THINK IT IS SMOKING.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU FOLKS THAT HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT I SHOULD DO.. ITS HOT AND MUGGY HERE AND I MAY HAVE TO START CUSSIN'! HAHA!
    THANKS ALOT!

You need to call a professional to go over that entire system....

Lightning sucks....I feel for you.....

We are not allowed to give out technical advise on here.....see the rules....

Lightning can effect alot of things.....call your installers back out and have them do a full check of the entire system.....
    I need a new signature.....

You need a tech. It could have affected a lot of things in the system. Hire a pro and have it checked out.

The good news is homeowners insurance will cover any damage from lightening strikes, I have done a lot of work for such cases.

Good luck.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Call your local service company, they can diagnose and repair it for you.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site. So we are not allowed to give out DIY advise.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?