Which pad to use-vibration or condenser base pad under unit

I had previously asked for help about the vibration coming from our Climate Master Tranquility 27 geothermal unit. Because our water comes up under the unit, out unit has to be above ground and is attached to our wall. The manual calls for it to sit on a neoprene pad to help with vibration and noise. But come to find out, the contrator put a 3 inch Air Pad Condensor base pad under it which is extremely light and hollow. I don't see that the condensor base pad has anything to do with vibration or noise and is used to set equipment on. Please tell me what kind of pad is needed to help with the vibration and noise that is coming from the unit as our wall is vibrating and the noise is fairly loud. Do we really need the neoprene instead of the condensor base pad? I am wondering if the contractor tried to pull something over on us.

No pad

will help as long as the unit is mounted to the wall.

Bergy

Confused geo-pad

I have been using 3/4" rubber matting ,cutting to the size needed for all my geo installs.It absorbs the sound as well as the vibrations.The mat can be purchased at most farm supply store as they are used in horse stalls and trailors and come in 4x6 sheets,1/2 or 3/4" thick for around 30.00 P.S. If you have that much noise and vibration coming from your unit it appears to me there is something not properly adjusted might want to have it checked

Generally a lot of sound attinuation through the duct work can be attributed to no duct vibration isolation material. Is there any rubber or cloth material between the geo unit and your return and supply ducts at the geo unit connections?
    Does your installation manual suggest them or require them?
    RB

Quote Originally Posted by rebehanish View Post
    Generally a lot of sound attinuation through the duct work can be attributed to no duct vibration isolation material. Is there any rubber or cloth material between the geo unit and your return and supply ducts at the geo unit connections?
    Does your installation manual suggest them or require them?
    RB
    Yes, the manual requires them.
    I've installed the ductwork for many geothermal units.
    The manufacturers generally require neoprene connectors on both the supply and return, as well as internal acoustic insulation on the supply plenum, the return boot, and the return drop.
    All the units I've installed come with a 2" or 3" pad that is also mandatory.
    I've never heard of anyone mounting one of these machines to a wall.
    Can you post a picture?

I looked at the installation instructions for this unit(the 27 model). I never saw anything in there that refered to hanging the unit from the wall. The ceiling, yes. I'm not sure how you would hang it off a wall without a lot of noise. The directions to install the unit did say the unit has solid compressor mouting shipping brrackets that needed to be removed. But, other than that- I would think the unit would be secured to the wall just to hold it solid, and thereby not eliminating any sound.
    RB

Mason type "W" pad should work, you might need more then that alone. It sounds like maybe some pipe vibration as well. Give Mason Industries a call and let them recommend a local vibration Rep. to take a look at your problem.
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.