Hmmm. No 9/11 Topic Yet?

Well, I'm sorry if you are tired of this after 8 years.

There is another important reason to remember, beyond that of honoring the dead.

I was at work when someone came up to my desk to announce that he’d heard on the radio that an aircraft had hit the World Trade Center.

What a bizarre occurrence, I thought. How could such an accident happen? Maybe some controller or pilot asleep at the wheel. Who knew?

Then came the second report… and a horrible realization. We were under attack!

No one worked after that. We all huddled around a small TV that was in the break room. No one said a word. We just watched.

Then, suddenly, it was time to go home. I can’t recall my thoughts during the drive home. When I got there, I flipped on the TV for continuing coverage of the event.

Then it struck me. I was watching all this pass by without emotion. It was like I was watching a documentary of some past event that had little or no effect on my life.

I began to berate myself for that. Is this all you have? Is there nothing inside of you but an analytical view of this horrible event? I didn’t even feel numb, exactly. More like disassociated.

So, as I’m watching, reporters on the scene began interviewing witnesses. One guy approached a woman who had seen the whole thing from a distance. I remember her words exactly. I will never forget them;

“… as I was watching, I saw debris falling from the buildings. I remember having concern for those on the streets below. But as I continued to watch, I realized that it was not debris. It was people jumping.”

At that moment she lost it and began to cry. The reporter put down his mike and hugged her and began to weep as well.

At that moment, it struck me. The enormity of it all. The horror… everything. And at that moment, I cried with them.

Because that is the way things played out, there will always be a second image of that day indelibly burned in to my mind.

Time magazine’s following issue showcased a cover photo of a man and a woman holding hands after just having jumped from one of the buildings.

What a picture. What a moment seeing it for the first time. Especially considering how the whole event finally struck me when the reporter hugged the woman.

There is perhaps no more powerful image I have ever seen in my life. I see it now as if it were yesterday. I don’t own a copy of the magazine or the image. I don’t want it. I don’t need it. I see it anyway, for all time.

The final thing that I will never forget is the men and women of Congress gathering on the stairs to sing God Bless America.

Later on, I realized that those three images forever with me all shared a common theme. The reporter hugging the woman. The man and woman holding hands as they jumped. The men and women of Congress singing in unison.

On that day, and the few days that followed, we were not young, middle-aged or old. We were not African, white European, Latino or Asian. We were not Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or apathetic to politics. We were not Christian, Jew or Muslim.

We were just people, man. Just people. Just Americans. Doing what we do in times of trouble.

That’s why it is important to remember that day, Not only to honor the dead, but as a very important reminder. A reminder of who we are.

Americans. Every one of us.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I had one I wanted to post, but too many characters in the content.

I was at work, the lady in the office next door had a TV and we went over there just in time to see the second plane hit the Twin Towers.

A flood of emotions; shock, frustration, anger.

May we never forget.

I was 19 and still living at home. My mom called me from her job and told me to turn on the TV, that the twin towers had been hit. I remember sitting in the house by myself watching the television and can still see the buildings falling and the newscasters thinking a bomb had detonated, not that the buildings had collpased under their own weight.

Never forget

Never forget, ever.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

I will never forget nor should anyone else that is a day that has been burned into each and everyone of us God Bless the lost , and all the emergency people who put there life on the line that God forsaken day.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

I was going to University of Alabama at the time. When I learned about what happened I was at Wal-mart getting my fishing license.

I went ahead and headed to the river where i was told due to security reason I wasn't allowed to fish in the river due to it was a water source for Tuscaloosa.

I was in GA at Dobbins Air Force Base at Air Force Plant No 6 located inside the Base and ran by Lockheed. Everything shut down tight as a drum on a few F-15s stationed there took off at the time and nothing else moved real tight security. I was sick as a dog and mad as hell. Not a good time that's for sure.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Strange thing about 9/11 nowadays. We still hear about Pearl harbor from 68 years ago as a Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor but you do not hear about 9/11 as a Islamic or Muslim extremist attack on our country or New York.

The media represses the Islamic terrorists involvement in the attack or the world wide celebration by Muslims over the murder of 3,000 Americans and the trillions or so dollars it costs us with the damage and extra security precautions we have to take.

Think about it. Now Obama even refuses to use the phrase war against terrorism. Just my 2 cents. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I just finished watching a chronological replay of that day along with testimony from friends and relatives of those that were on flight '93.

It just grabs you by the heart.

Think about what those people on '93 already knew had happened. They weren't military, they weren't trained. But they were American patriots and they knew they must do something/anything to make sure they weren't a part of the final strike against America.

I don't have enough kleenex. Every person on that flight was a hero--no one can say otherwise. If not for them who knows where we would be at present. That flight was (most likely) bound for the White House.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.