Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. ---(Romans 1:18-21, emphasis mine)
    Yes, yes. All of man's gods claim they are the true god and assert they can prove it.

Trouble is, not one of them has ever stepped forth with anything remotely resembling compelling evidence.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Yes, yes. All of man's gods claim they are the true god and assert they can prove it.

Trouble is, not one of them has ever stepped forth with anything remotely resembling compelling evidence.
    While I appreciate your input, a careful reading of my post would reveal that it is directed to those on this thread who claim to believe. I can only provide evidence, not proof that God is who He claims to be and that there are good and bad consequences in how we apply His Word.

I serve a God who will not impose on those who choose not to and so choose not to try to impose on those around me. When I post the Word, I leave the results to the God who claims that it will not return to Him void and leave it at that.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

"I do not believe in God. It seems to me that theists of all kinds have very largely failed to make their concept of a deity intelligible; and to the extent that they have made it intelligible, they have given us no reason to think that anything answers to it." Ayer, A.J. (1966). "What I Believe," Humanist, Vol.81 (8) August, p226

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12