Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

3 cheers for Joe Wilson

Although Representative Joe Wilson picked an inappropriate time and place to express his dissent, he was RIGHT ON.
    Here is an article that verbalizes the sentiment.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/wil...mo_code=8870-1

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Accidental emotional outburst, brilliant strategic outburst (think of the audience) or just a gutsy move. I think it was GREAT! Disrespectful? Personally I don't care. Respect is earned and IMO he has not earned that respect.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Total idiot. Tried to call the White House and apologize...BO didn't talk to him. Do a SMALL amount of research, his career has gone down in flames. hahahahahahahahahaha. He's going to be asking soon.........."Do you want fries with that"?? hahahahahahahahahahah
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Accidental emotional outburst, brilliant strategic outburst (think of the audience) or just a gutsy move. I think it was GREAT! Disrespectful? Personally I don't care. Respect is earned and IMO he has not earned that respect.
    +1
    Stay Gold,
    Conky

Thought hell yes-tell it all brother-speak the truth--that is what is missing in politics today! Then I heard he was sniffin his azz to apologize! Another Yes man gets his brown nose!
    Learn the process not the procedure--the process will dictate the procedure-If ya understand how it works ya knows how to fix it!

Yes joe is just what the republicans need, another moron!

Keep up the good work joe.

Dean Heller of Nevada proposed an amendment to the bill that would have required the use of the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements program to check the citizenship of anyone applying for federal coverage or affordability credits. SAVE is the program used by Medicaid and similar entitlement programs. That amendment was voted down along party lines by the House Ways and Means Committee.
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/09/oba...h-care-speech/

I'll take what Joe Wilson did any day of the week over ANYTHING BO has done.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

So it was OK for the Demented Dems to "Boo" Bush in 2005 during the Constitutionally mandated State of the Union address, yet it is criminal for an elected Congressman to expose that the Preident is lying in a pure Political speech?
    I really think that most of the Liberal's one brain cell is "dying of loneliness".

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    Although Representative Joe Wilson picked an inappropriate time and place to express his dissent, he was RIGHT ON.
    Here is an article that verbalizes the sentiment.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/wil...mo_code=8870-1

After the mysterious disappearance of Chandra Levy in 2001, contributor John LeBoutillier allegedly posted a speculative column on the site about the sex life of Representative Gary Condit, with whom Levy had an affair. The column quickly circulated among media members, even though Newsmax editors pulled it from the site.[11]
    On May 26, 2000, Newsmax published an article claiming Hillary Clinton refused to meet with the Gold Star Mothers.[10] According to the Gold Star Mothers organization, this was false and "Senator Clinton greeted us graciously on Gold Star Mothers Sunday, 2005. This story was also debunked at other websites[11] and eventually led to a retraction by NewsMax.[12]
    A 2005 NewsMax.com report about Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, claiming he was "teaming up" with rock band U2 for a fund raiser, gained considerable attention. Santorum had actually purchased 66 tickets to a sold-out show and was reselling these to campaign supporters at $1,000 per seat. The band issued a statement denying it was involved in the practice, saying, "U2 concerts are categorically not fund-raisers for any politician; they are rock concerts for U2 fans."[12] Rather than admitting the error and issuing a correction, Newsmax simply changed its article about the fund-raiser without telling readers it had been changed, stating that the story was misinterpreted.[13]
    During the debate over the failed 2007 Immigration Bill, Newsmax popularized opposition to an alleged "North American Union," a dystopian vision of a future America where "NAU citizens no longer spend dollars or salute Old Glory. They spend 'ameros'." [14]
    On August 9, 2007, Newsmax freelance reporter, Jim Davis, reported that Barack Obama was in attendance on July 22, 2007 during a controversial sermon giving by Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. at Trinity United Church of Christ in South Chicago, Obama's place of worship.[15] The claim that Obama was in attendance for this particular sermon was repeated by Newsmax as fact again on March 16, 2008. [16] A July 22, 2007 speaking schedule for the National Council for La Raza in Miami, Florida shows Obama as a scheduled speaker for 1:30pm. [17] Video confirms he attended the conference and spoke during his allotted time. New York Times op-ed author, William Kristol, who relied upon the erroneous Newsmax articles in an op-ed article in the New York Times on March 17, 2008, [13] provided the following retraction and apology later in the day, "In this column, I cite a report that Sen. Obama had attended services at Trinity Church on July 22, 2007. The Obama campaign has provided information showing that Sen. Obama did not attend Trinity that day. I regret the error." [14] However, Davis later explained that Obama had attended the early morning service at Trinity United at 7:30 a.m., leaving sufficient time for him to travel by private jet to Miami; and the La Raza website confirms that Obama did not arrive until 1:50 p.m. Eastern time. Newsmax reports receiving confirmation from the Obama campaign that the candidate's private jet did not leave Chicago until 8:50 a.m. A Washington Post fact checker has reported that the issue has not been resolved to his satisfaction one way or the other.
    Newsmax claimed that Barack Obama's Vatican ambassador had been rejected several times for being "insufficiently pro-life." The Catholic News Service and Time magazine confirmed on April 9, 2009 that Newsmax's story was false.[18]

And this is your source for facts............

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I'll take what Joe Wilson did any day of the week over ANYTHING BO has done.
    I feel sorry for your outlook on how things are and who caused them.

This kind of reminds me of a similar but more much more severe incident in the Senate in 1856 when Congressman Preston Brooks of SC beat Senator Charles Sumter of MA senseless with a cane for slandering his uncle Senator Andrew Butler of SC, President Pierce and the South in general. The city of Brooksville, Florida, and Brooks County, Georgia, are named in Brooks' honor. South Carolinians are known to be hot tempered.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/...les_Sumner.htm
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast