Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Carrier Infinity Control due out soon?

According to one of my local Carrier dealers there is a new Infinity control due out this fall. He said his Carrier Rep got a preview at the new unit and it's apparently very slick compared to the current model. There is also a real shortage of the current control in Canada indicating that a new unit is to be release imminently.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Here is what my dealer said:

The Infinity system has been out since 2004. The Infinity Control currently is at version 16. They have talked about changing the look of the controller and it should be out next year but the operation of the system will remain the same. My house was the first Infinity System we had installed in 2004. I still have version 1 operating my system. They are continually making little changes to the controller. A lot of the changes made does not change the operation of the system.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    New controller will look more like th Edge stat.,some software changes/improvements.

The infinity system works well I found, the only problem is there are two many options for the home owner to play with. For certain customers this can become very annoying after the 20th or so phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    New controller will look more like th Edge stat.,some software changes/improvements.
    Any idea of when it will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by sazaks View Post
    Any idea of when it will be available?

I'm curious about this, too. I'm supposed to be getting an infinity system installed at the beginning of next month. I'm not too fond of the looks of the current Infinity thermostat, but I do like the Edge....sounds like it'll be just what I'm looking for.

Infinity controller

I just got a new Infinity system installed. I think the controller is awesome - in fact, it is one of the things that sold me on this system (over all the others that use the rubbish Honeywell controller rebranded).

It is well labeled, clear screen, big numbers, buttons are easy to press, very customizable, easy to get status, can program the fan speed in addition to temps.

I haven't gotten as far as to understand exactly what conditions call for the t'stat to perform what, especially the "dehumidify" function, but I'll get there. Important thing is that the house is comfortable now.

I don't think they need to update the controller - they are still light years ahead of the other manufacturers. Although charging an additional $500 for remote / internet programmability is a little harsh...

Nearly a year later, I'm wondering if this new Infinity controller is coming out shortly and, if so, when? Anyone have pics or links for it?

We have a version 18 that was put on a new system, which is compatible, with the greenspeed unit heat pump 25vna outdoor unit, this ui is different than the version 16 controller, as far as the display and a few other things. All the big talkers on this site, and still don't seem like anybody has been putting the 25vna units in yet.

how do you determine what version your controller is? I had an infinity system installed june 2010. I would love it, if the controller had a horizontal option, as the new home i installed it in, has painted plaster walls and no paint for me to paint over the white square adjacent my vertical controller.. plus, i found out that you can't really peal off the plaster to carry to home depot for a color match, as it's hard as hell and crumbles.

You can look in the setup menu in advanced settings, or power off the unit and as it powers back up, it should be one of the first screens you will see.

great thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger man View Post
    We have a version 18 that was put on a new system, which is compatible, with the greenspeed unit heat pump 25vna outdoor unit, this ui is different than the version 16 controller, as far as the display and a few other things. All the big talkers on this site, and still don't seem like anybody has been putting the 25vna units in yet.
    so you now about the 25 series are rep came last month with specs on it a true variable compressor.....sweeeeeeet. have u seen the new 25 condesing furnace with the variable gas valve i know lennox already has one but the new cabinet is only 36" tall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast