Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A/C in a ductless house

Hello. I need some advice in adding a cental A/C system to a ductless house. The house is a duplex. I want to add a seperate system to the first and second floor. The second floor has an attic above and the first floor has a crawl space. The heating is electric and is really only used in the summer so heating is not a issue. It currently uses room ac which I want to do a way with. What systems would you recommend? Thanks.

Ductless air conditioners (Daikin, Mitsubisihi, etc) or a high velocity system (Unico).

If your attic and crawl space are high enough, standard split ducted systems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I'm looking to see which type of system would be best. Is there anyone on the list that can give an estimate for Ocean City, NJ? I have one contractor coming out already for a Unico system. I don't really know the pro's and con's of either, so I have not made up my mind as yet. If you need details let me know what is needed.

Even though its a shore house, I would still get quotes on heat pump systems. With Unico you can only use 13 SEER equipment. As Beenthere said you may be able to use standard systems

You should look into Velocity Plus mfg by Espitechllc. Easier to install, and cheaper prices. They are rated full 13 seer as well with most major brand condensing units.

Hey ITB CO,

Almost every one of your 23 posts mentions the greatness of Espi Tech. What is your connection to them?

Quote Originally Posted by sprintmj19 View Post
    Hey ITB CO,

Almost every one of your 23 posts mentions the greatness of Espi Tech. What is your connection to them?
    Why do you care?

If all post by someone mention a specific brand/product. It is considered advertising.

So are you a rep or other affiliate of them.
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-11-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by mross View Post
    Hello. I need some advice in adding a cental A/C system to a ductless house. The house is a duplex. I want to add a seperate system to the first and second floor. The second floor has an attic above and the first floor has a crawl space. The heating is electric and is really only used in the summer so heating is not a issue. It currently uses room ac which I want to do a way with. What systems would you recommend? Thanks.
    A ductless system is far more cost effective than a ducted system for obvious reasons.
    It is not ideal for getting conditioned air into closed rooms however.
    If the stairwell is open from the second floor to the first, one larger ductless system may be placed near the top of the stairs and it will cool the home quite well if the space is quite open.
    The warm air naturally rises and the cold air naturally sinks.
    There is some temperature adjustment needed to keep the gound floor from being too cool but once you find the correct temperature it is quite livable.
    There are also ductless systems which have multiple evaporators for better control.

Some of these systems with inverter technology go as high as 19 SEER.

Why do I care? It's an honest question that deserves an honest answer.

It appears you have nothing else but this to offer on this forum and it makes you look like a troll.

If your posts do anything, it makes me think less of the product your speaking of.

So what is your connection?

And if there is a connection, and you are proud of this product, why don't you fill out your profile?

It appears you have nothing else but this to offer on this forum and it makes you look like a troll.

If your posts do anything, it makes me think less of the product your speaking of.

And if there is a connection, and you are proud of this product, why don't you fill out your profile?
    My, some one has way too much time to waste. Get a life.

These are legitimate questions indeed.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast