Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Well man, if you can point out in the current version of the health reform bill a provision granting illegal immigrants the same health benefits as U.S. citizens, then I will rethink Wilson's outburst. This would also apply to any policy statements made by Obama.
    This is not about Mr. Wilson. ( Well okay, maybe the thread is ) but ultimately it is not my intent for his defense. It's about the order of doing things in the President's Administration, such as the quote from his whitehousedotgov policy lineup--"President Obama supports a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens." Illegals already get benefits. Is this point even in question?
    The point is that there are no restrictions on illegals in this bill, and in fact an amendment with specific wording to restrict their participation in HR3200 was rejected.

Hell, the one thing Dubya got right was his immigration reform policy. I give him full credit for that. Too bad the reactionaries in his own party felt it more politically expedient to pander to the base rather than work on a realistic solution.
    Token enforcement has not ended. The effect of people coming here is good, regardless of their status. To say that our country should then absorb their medical costs is another matter.
    Thanks for the B-Day wishes.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by The Doctor; 09-11-2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Thread about Wilson. I'm not real interested in him
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Dude, that was Mr. Obama's own words--he said in an interview that he'd have plenty of political capital to spend on immigration reform next year, and that this health care would not reduce that capital significantly.
    Try denying this-- Immigration reform in the majority of Democratic positions is amnesty for those who are here. And yeah, that's right, you get Dubya back on that one. Happy birthday.
    Under Ronald Reagan I believe amnesty was given to ILLEGALS. Now Obama MIGHT do the same. But if Obama does he will be crucified.
    Republican-Democrat, some things never change just the rhetoric.
    Just wish people would learn that there is no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Obama has a marked propensity for lying he shows it in almost everything he says and does. Why would we believe otherwise in this instance.
    May I use your form of rebutal by asking for the FACTS about OBAMA'S lies ? As you have asked others to show proof please feel free to provide documentation to these claims ! And please try to use unbiased proof. Thank you very much.......

Geer the speech to kids itself was no big deal but the lesson plan was definitely ill advised. I would have had the same issue if Ronald Regan or either Bush and done the same. I also agree that this subject has been hashed to death and is over.

Bob Obama lies period all politicians lie to a greater or lesser extent. To say that illegal immigrants will not be covered is disingenuous at best and an outright lie at its worse. I am a conservative not a Republican or a Democrat, I vote primarily Republican because they are frequently the lesser of two evils. I would prefer that all ballots had the none of the above option so we could eliminate the option foist upon us by the broken two party system. So instead of my searching and spending hours of research to prove he did lie why don’t you consider in unbiased manner and she where he does lie.

Think of the many things he has said that have proven to be wrong, like he does not want a single payer system but just last year and for several years in the past there are numerous videos and audio recordings of him stating just that. How about when he says he has no ties to Acorn but he makes a speech to Acorn telling them they will be a part of the agenda and the decision making process of his administration. Just go back and listen to what he says now and what he has said in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Geer the speech to kids itself was no big deal but the lesson plan was definitely ill advised. I would have had the same issue if Ronald Regan or either Bush and done the same. I also agree that this subject has been hashed to death and is over.

Bob Obama lies period all politicians lie to a greater or lesser extent. To say that illegal immigrants will not be covered is disingenuous at best and an outright lie at its worse. I am a conservative not a Republican or a Democrat, I vote primarily Republican because they are frequently the lesser of two evils. I would prefer that all ballots had the none of the above option so we could eliminate the option foist upon us by the broken two party system. So instead of my searching and spending hours of research to prove he did lie why don’t you consider in unbiased manner and she where he does lie.

Think of the many things he has said that have proven to be wrong, like he does not want a single payer system but just last year and for several years in the past there are numerous videos and audio recordings of him stating just that. How about when he says he has no ties to Acorn but he makes a speech to Acorn telling them they will be a part of the agenda and the decision making process of his administration. Just go back and listen to what he says now and what he has said in the past.
    Some of what you say has merit but why does it seem that there is MORE dislike for this president . Republican presidents have said things that they never meant to follow up on but the republicans overlook those facts and continually put those on a throne. Example-REAGAN tripled the debt, raised taxes etc........

Health care negotiators in the Senate pressed for a way to ensure that illegal immigrants can't get access to government-funded insurance, a contentious issue now front and center after a Republican congressman's outburst during President Barack Obama's speech.

http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...D9ALAICG0.html

But...it was already supposed to be that illegals couldn't get it....
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

/P from Al

Do you remember: "READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES ". ( Bush Senior)
    " Yellow cake from Nigeir"
    " Sadam has weapons of Mass Destruction "
    " Iraq war will be paid by oil revenues "
    "Greeted with flowers "
    " only cost 15 million "

You are right THEY ALL LIE but not this President lies costing thousands of AMERICAN lives and BILLIONS of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by bob mel View Post
    /P from Al

Do you remember: "READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES ". ( Bush Senior)
    " Yellow cake from Nigeir"
    " Sadam has weapons of Mass Destruction "
    " Iraq war will be paid by oil revenues "
    "Greeted with flowers "
    " only cost 15 million "

You are right THEY ALL LIE but not this President lies costing thousands of AMERICAN lives and BILLIONS of dollars.
    You forgot "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"........

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Health care negotiators in the Senate pressed for a way to ensure that illegal immigrants can't get access to government-funded insurance, a contentious issue now front and center after a Republican congressman's outburst during President Barack Obama's speech.

http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...D9ALAICG0.html

But...it was already supposed to be that illegals couldn't get it....
    How did Clinton phrase it.....it all depends on the meaning of is.is
    The Dem's have to spell it out for those that can not comprehend the bill as written. Kinda like the DEATH PANELS. How does one explain an issue that has been addressed and the oppositions says differently ? The issue has been proven to state that illegals will NOT receive " government funding" for healthcare under the bill. Then the oppositions says BUT maybe something else will happen. (but maybe not)

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    How come we never pick on CARTER ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    A bj is not sexual relations

Quote Originally Posted by bob mel View Post
    How come we never pick on CARTER ?
    he's too easy............... besides he's afraid of bunny rabbits........

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast