Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 101
  1. #40
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,321
    So he is or is not including illegals in his numbers.

    Do you dispute that even the unemployed and uninsured have health coverage, because they do.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,758
    Mike
    You seem to have a direct connection & understanding with Obama and his actions.

    Last week in his public presentation of his prepared School speech he used the words "What can you do for Obama" or something very close to that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Lot's of shouting and heaving came from John Q. Public, especially parents to that. When he did speak his speach didn't come close to what he originally wrote the week previous.

    Did he change the words because he realized he could be or would be crossing a line that he shouldn't? Or did he modify his speech to make it look more acceptable?

    The changing of his words along with a lot of other past things such as attempting to push through the health care package before most anyone could read it just seems do disingenuous as with his modification to the words of his school childrens speech.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    So he is or is not including illegals in his numbers.

    Do you dispute that even the unemployed and uninsured have health coverage, because they do.
    Will it keep the health care provider from taking their home?

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Mike
    You seem to have a direct connection & understanding with Obama and his actions.

    Last week in his public presentation of his prepared School speech he used the words "What can you do for Obama" or something very close to that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Lot's of shouting and heaving came from John Q. Public, especially parents to that. When he did speak his speach didn't come close to what he originally wrote the week previous.
    Did he change the words because he realized he could be or would be crossing a line that he shouldn't? Or did he modify his speech to make it look more acceptable?

    The changing of his words along with a lot of other past things such as attempting to push through the health care package before most anyone could read it just seems do disingenuous as with his modification to the words of his school childrens speech.

    Unless you have a copy of the first draft, there is no way I can defend something you and I have never seen.

    Unlike w and WMD's, I won't tell a whooper about some thing unless I know it to be true.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,321
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post
    Will it keep the health care provider from taking their home?
    What does Medicaid have to do with loosing ones home, it is government coverage very much akin to what is being promoted for all of us by this administration.

    As to deltas post what he is alluding to is not the speech but the follow up lesson plans provided by the DOE and BO. There is no doubt that the lesson plans were changed because of the public concern. Do you deny this?

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    What does Medicaid have to do with loosing ones home, it is government coverage very much akin to what is being promoted for all of us by this administration.

    As to deltas post what he is alluding to is not the speech but the follow up lesson plans provided by the DOE and BO. There is no doubt that the lesson plans were changed because of the public concern. Do you deny this?


    Originally Posted by DeltaT

    When he did speak his speach didn't come close to what he originally wrote the week previous.


    Well I guess delta got the ? wrong

    As for the so called lesson plan, do you think after two or three weeks the kids will give a crap what the prez said or asked them to do.

    Once again the right showed that they have no life of their own.

  7. #46
    Campaign gets new life

    In addition to the flak Wilson's received from his colleagues, the American people are making their disdain known as well. According to The Nation, Rob Miller, a Democrat and Marine Corps veteran, who was planning to run against Wilson in 2010, raised more than $50,000 for his campaign within just a few hours after Wilson's outburst.
    Miller, who ran in 2008 without any help from national Democrats, lost to Wilson 46 to 54 percent. But with his newfound boost in popularity, his campaign has been given a new life. He tweeted Wednesday night: "55K raised, let's double THAT in 12 hours."

    According to Miller's site, ActBlue.com, Miller has raised over $300,000 since Thursday afternoon. Almost half of the money has come from readers of the progressive blog Daily Kos, who created a fundraising page called "Defeating the man who yelled 'liar' at Obama."


    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl897


    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,321
    The daily kos now there is a resource for you.



    Now answer the questions and quit dodging.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,578
    Funny how the Democrats are calling foul over Joe Wilson calling Obama a liar for lying about illegals getting health insurance in the bill. Now when the Democrats lied and called bush a liar for telling the truth no one said a thing and certainly not the pro Democratic press. Check out a quote on Meet the Press Jan 4, 2009 from nasty Harry Reid (Senate Majority Leader)

    "I really do believe President Bush is the worst president we’ve ever had,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
    Reid pointed to Bush’s failed plan to privatize the Social Security program and also said Bush “has done his very best to destroy Medicare” in order support his assessment of Bush’s presidency.
    Asked by David Gregory if he had any regrets about his persistent criticism of Bush, Reid responded, “I am who I am.”


    Here is Obama calling Clinton a "bald faced liar".

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ld-faced-lies/

    Bush has been called every dirty name in the book by the left wing leadership of the Democratic Party and now they expect the Republicans to worship Obama like they do even when he does tell a lie. What hypocrites. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,758
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post
    Unless you have a copy of the first draft, there is no way I can defend something you and I have never seen.

    Unlike w and WMD's, I won't tell a whooper about some thing unless I know it to be true.
    "From Jake Tapper and Sunlen Miller

    In an acknowledgment that the Department of Education provided lesson plans written somewhat inartfully, surrounding the President Obama’s speech to students next Tuesday, the White House today announced that it had rewritten one of the sections in question.

    President Obama will talk to students from Pre K thru 12th grade about personal responsibility and the importance of staying in school, White House aides said.

    As one of the preparatory materials for teachers provided by the Department of Education, students had been asked to, "Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president. “

    There's more available at ABC's website."

    This is from a news source that I would need to go back and get the details as I did not copy that part. However, I'm sure it's not necessary for the following reasons.

    The Department of Education was given a copy of his original speech so teaches could see it last week. In it were the word consisting of "what can you do for the president" among a few other phrases suggesting loyality to the president by these kids.

    This was followed by an uproar by much of John Q. Public. The original copy has been removed from the Department of Educations web site, interestingly enough..

    In the following days the next speech given to the Department of Education for the teachers by The White House did not include that phase along with other objectional language.

    Now the talk is how wonderful his speech was as if he never written the first speech.

    This is a pattern of his.

    What's most interesting is that you act as if you didn't know this took place. What an interesting method to escape dealing with this issue. Yet you will quote and proclaim connections, understandings and knowledge of Obama in everything he does or does not do.

    I gave you credit for being informed and wanted to hear your point of view as to why you follow this gentleman and what you see in him so I may see for myself. Perhaps I'm missing something.

    However you have followed the same path as the Obama supporters that I have equally asked questions of regarding their devotion to this person.

    And you say we never come up with any facts or information.

    I see Obama as someone who is weaving a web or lies and deciete ( I miss-spelled deceit on purpose so that you can nulliby this post since I miss-spelled that word and a few other). This will save you time in looking for an excuse as it's evident of how your thought process works.

    We are truly being divided by this person who is in the White House.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Charm City--the city that bleeds
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Leaving aside issues of propriety and manners, shouting out is good. Done properly, it relieves stress, gives a feeling of having participated in the democratic process and is said to aid digestion.

    But for Zeus' sake, leave off the radio pundit's talking points and try to actually make a credible, factual point.

    Most of the shouting I observe tends to be predominately noise with very little factual content. This helps no one.


    Of course, when one side shouts, it is considered patriotism and love of America, but when the other side shouts it is traitorous and hatred of America.
    Dude, that was Mr. Obama's own words--he said in an interview that he'd have plenty of political capital to spend on immigration reform next year, and that this health care would not reduce that capital significantly.
    Try denying this-- Immigration reform in the majority of Democratic positions is amnesty for those who are here. And yeah, that's right, you get Dubya back on that one. Happy birthday.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    183
    I won't tell a whooper about some thing unless I know it to be true.

    Mikey:

    Are you saying you won't tell a big lie unless you know the lie is true?
    AVATAR removed by Mod Staff

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post

    As for the so called lesson plan, do you think after two or three weeks the kids will give a crap what the prez said or asked them to do.
    Really? So YOU know this and BO does not? And if he knows, why did he insist on speaking to them?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event