Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,607

    TBN says evolution all BS

    i don't really follow this crap because i know their guess about dating bones is as good as mine ...but...

    i took it for granted that Neanderthals were something, TBN says that "scientists" found some hunchback bones and tried to say it was proof that man used to walk like an animal
    they say neanderthals aren't real

    they say that "scientists" dated early bones at 100,000 years ago by tracing changing DNA, but then they found out that changing DNA happens 20 times faster than they first believed, which places bones around Biblical times, 6000 years ago, LOL


    TBN said that "Lucy" is nothing more than a 3'6" chimp with unusual bone structure.

    they said that evolution museums place fastasy artwork in strategic places and don't identify it as fictional

    TBN referred to the Piltdown Man incident where "scientists" placed a monkey jaw on a human skull as proof of man's evolution.
    Piltdown Man was "scientific fact" for 40 years before it was exposed as a hoax.





    for those of you who don't know, "evolution" was a theory by Charles Darwin that was hastily adopted by Karl Marx and Engles as they scrambled for a non-religious explanation of life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    The repaired Hubble telescope has been sending back pictures of galaxies 6 million light years from us. you can see stars being made. I don't know if its creation or evolution , but it is fascinating

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jax Fl.
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The repaired Hubble telescope has been sending back pictures of galaxies 6 million light years from us. you can see stars being made. I don't know if its creation or evolution , but it is fascinating
    I love to see the incredible Hubble photos of God's creation. When men first went into space the Atheists said that since they could not see God, he did not exist.

    Many times in the Bible, God's Angels were Physically present but the people around them did not see them until "God opened their eyes" and allowed them to see them. In one case ONE of these invisible being's proceeded to snuff out 180,000 Syrian soldiers who were sent by belief in their heathen god to kill the Jews.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    So, wolfstrike, do you have your own doubts regarding evolution?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Ah yes, TBN. The folks who believe in talking snakes, burning bushes and that the Flintstones is an accurate portrayal of prehistoric times.

    Yes, a veritable fount of scientific knowledge.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Ah yes, TBN. The folks who believe in talking snakes, burning bushes and that the Flintstones is an accurate portrayal of prehistoric times.
    *snicker*

    As we continue to wonder why all these experts don't come forward with their tested theories and turn over 150 years of tested and peer reviewed science while simulataneously shocking Earth's population to the core and winning a Nobel.

    I'd do it in a second, myself!



    Heck, the day I see ANY creation scientist ACTUALLY PERFORM SCIENCE; well, I think on that day I'll crap a brick and pigs shall fly.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  7. #7
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post

    Heck, the day I see ANY creation scientist ACTUALLY PERFORM SCIENCE; well, I think on that day I'll crap a brick and pigs shall fly.
    >>> http://www.answersingenesis.org/
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    What's your point, Shay?

    I mean other than I was right about what I said about creationist science?

    Do we see any science in these two links? Not a bit.

    If silly videos are all ya got, then I rest my case.

    And thanks for proving my point. Couldn't have done better myself.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jax Fl.
    Posts
    1,943
    Dog,
    I am really suprised that you consider a lack of contrary evidence as proving a theory a fact. Maybe you should reconsider your conclusion.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,575
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i don't really follow this crap because i know their guess about dating bones is as good as mine ...but...

    i took it for granted that Neanderthals were something, TBN says that "scientists" found some hunchback bones and tried to say it was proof that man used to walk like an animal
    they say neanderthals aren't real

    they say that "scientists" dated early bones at 100,000 years ago by tracing changing DNA, but then they found out that changing DNA happens 20 times faster than they first believed, which places bones around Biblical times, 6000 years ago, LOL


    TBN said that "Lucy" is nothing more than a 3'6" chimp with unusual bone structure.

    they said that evolution museums place fastasy artwork in strategic places and don't identify it as fictional

    TBN referred to the Piltdown Man incident where "scientists" placed a monkey jaw on a human skull as proof of man's evolution.
    Piltdown Man was "scientific fact" for 40 years before it was exposed as a hoax.





    for those of you who don't know, "evolution" was a theory by Charles Darwin that was hastily adopted by Karl Marx and Engles as they scrambled for a non-religious explanation of life.
    Neaderthals were not hunchbacked.... that theory came from one of the first specimans....not a complete skeleton either....of an older neaderthal who probably had some bone problems... We have more remains now.....and we know how they were built....which was different from homo sapiens. They were stockier....had a bigger broader rib cage.

    Lucy was a chimp..sort of.... she walked on 2 legs most of the time...if not all of the time.....she was the transition from knuckle dragging apes to walking upright. She was right before handy man....or tool users.

    I believe in the teachings of the bible...but I also believe that we evolved from lesser creatures and that man...humans...homo sapiens... is a couple of hundred thousand years old......not 6000.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Dog,
    I am really suprised that you consider a lack of contrary evidence as proving a theory a fact. Maybe you should reconsider your conclusion.
    With all due respect JR, you are showcasing exactly why Christian science is dung.

    See, the first thing you learn about in the study of science is the scientific method. Which begins with observation. Now, sometimes ones eyes can play tricks, so generally science relies on demonstratable ones. Like if I were to observe that apples fall to the ground as Newton did, I could show you too.

    The FACT of evolution is based on observation. Not some trumped up theory.

    Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Theories themselves are NOT facts. They are our best explanations.

    Facts don't change when scientists debate rival theories too explain them. Einstien's Theory of Gravitation REPLACED Newton's; but nothing happened to gravity when that happened. The FACT that gravity existed was unchanged even though our explanation did change. Since it did, and since even today I or anyone could poke holes in the modern theory of gravitation, does that mean that gravity suddenly does not exist? No.

    This is precisely why the Christian technique of attacking how we think evolution happened is 100% MEANINGLESS. The observations don't change, my friend.

    All of science is both fact and theory. That's what Christians seem to miss. Because regardless of how it occured, we KNOW it did.

    As I've often said, science (and philosophy for that matter) relies on a heavy dose of inference and precedent. When we dig down in to the Earth, we find things older than today. As we dig deeper, we see the regression of language and technology; tools for example. Those observations set a precedent. We then infer that is the case no matter how far down you dig. Much data confirms the inference after we've made it, thus we consider the inference that the further down we dig the older things are to be pretty strong.

    So here's the thing. We know that all life comes from other life. Except for how life first got here, that has always been so. Even in the bible, Jesus had to be born. And with all the claims of magical powers therein, even then no one in the bible ever claimed that life simply poofed in out of thin air post-creation (to my knowledge).

    So, when we dig way way down, all we see are very simple forms of life. If life comes from life, and simple forms were here before more complex ones, then the more complex ones MUST have come from the simpler ones. There is no other logical place to go.

    That does not mean that we precisely understand the mechanisms of how it occured. Just like we cannot say that we are precisely sure of how gravity works. But that doesn't mean either of us is going to jump off a bridge to test the imperfect theory of how it works, does it?

    If evidence to the contrary arises, that will also not change the observations made. In that case, were Natural Selection debunked as "not the way it went", well all that would mean is that we'd need a new theory to explain evolution.

    To sum up, I suppose that Christians really do not comprehend how silly they look trying to dismiss a fact by claiming that our explanation of it is wrong. Yet, it remains a Christian hobby to this day.

    What you COULD say is that God placed those first simple forms. You could also say that the hand of God guided the evolutionary change we have observed. But that's not exactly Genesis, is it?

    Darwin was always VERY clear in seperating his two very great but distinct accomplishments. Establishing the FACT of evolution, and then proposing a theory; Natural Selection to explain how it happened.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Ah yes, TBN. The folks who believe in talking snakes, burning bushes and that the Flintstones is an accurate portrayal of prehistoric times.

    Yes, a veritable fount of scientific knowledge.
    If one does not believe that God exists then the miraculous would be absurd. But, if there is a creator who designed and brought the universe into being, who sustains its existence, who is responsible for the very natural laws that govern the physical world, then it is rational to believe that the miraculous is possible!

    A God who creates the universe out of nothing would have no difficulty causing a virgin birth or raising the dead in order to make a point.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event