Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Most health care costs happen in the last days of someones life.

1) I have a good friend that is going through colon cancer surgery/treatment at M.D. Anderson. He is in his forties and with his bill you could have bought a new home. He is a working stiff with (private) health insurance from his employer. His out-of-pocket IS $1k......

He is nowhere close to "the last days of someones life", hopefully

2) I have some distance outlaws some years back that a dump truck ran into their car. No insurance all the way around, no jobs and a house full of kids. two of them went to the hospital with somewhat serious issues.

Bottom line they paid for the whole medical care $0.00.
    The Government and the hospital paid for it all. (Can't get blood from a turnip). Oh, and they were not close to "the last days of someones life".

the need for soylent green becomes more drastic as the population increases
    I see your reputation does you justice......

In closing I think Dennis Miller is a comedian, but he hits the nail on the head sometimes!

Last night his statement (per memory):

1) I don't mind paying a little more for the truly underprivileged.

2) We need TORT Reform! If you sue someone and loose, You need to PAY all lawyer costs and a fine! This will stop frivolous law suits.
    (This will cut medical cost overnight)

3) Insurance company's can not drop someone or refuse insurance to anyone because of a preexisting condition or treatment.

4) Require all employment to offer health insurance. If you are working and refuse it, you MUST buy your own.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

I am with you, wolf. Right on man! We already pay for health care if they cannot afford it, so this whole national argument is just a joke, a sick joke, and we are being played as silly rubes by the dammed politicians conducting this circus.

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post

In closing I think Dennis Miller is a comedian, but he hits the nail on the head sometimes!

2) We need TORT Reform! If you sue someone and loose, You need to PAY all lawyer costs and a fine! This will stop frivolous law suits.

3) Insurance company's can not drop someone or refuse insurance to anyone because of a preexisting condition or treatment.

4) Require all employment to offer health insurance. If you are working and refuse it, you MUST buy your own.
    while, I did not know I had a reputation. Would you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post

Or instead of #4 have everyone buy their own insurance on the open market. Why should employers pay for employee health insurance. What business is it of the employer anyway. They don't provide car and home insurance.

Then Doctors need to be more forthcoming about the cost of their procedures so one can make an informed decision on where to receive care.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12