How to mount a Carrier unit- to wall or free standing?

I would greatly appreciate any info you can give me. Our Carrier contractor, installed our Carrier (Climate Master Tranquility ) all in one unit and they attached it to our wall bracket. We asked about a free floating stand, but were told nothing was engineered to support the weight. So now we are left with vibration in the wall it is attached to. We also get alot of noise like a clunk when the compressor kicks in and then a hum until is shuts off. They also installed it on a 3 inch pad ( not neophrem?) like the manual calls for as our electric company wanted in on a special pad to qualify for the rebate from them. But the pad slipped while installing the unit, and now about 3 inches are not on the pad. What should we do? We contacted another company that recommened a free floating stand which they would build which they say would help with the vibration and allow more air to the unit. Plus they would put it on the recommened pad (neophrem?). Would appreciate any recommendations as what to do.

Pics

Can you please post some pics? I don't understand why you would not simply set the unit on a pad, on the floor.

Bergy

It can't sit on the floor as our water lines come out of the floor just below the unit. So it has to sit either on a free floating box or like it is now, attached to the side of the wall to hold it up which is causing vibration to the wall. Our original contractor told us it could not be free floating because of the weight of the unit but this new contrator whose expertise seems to be with geothermal as he claims, says it can be put on a free standing box and is coming up with a quote for us to do this. So, I am asking if you can really put it on a free standing box and will that box support the weight or must it be attached to the wall? We don't know which one to believe. Also, should the unit make a clumping noise when the compressor comes on as it is rather loud.
    Thanks for any advice

The unit

is supposed to sit on the floor, on an air pad. Putting it in a "box" my be just as loud as mounting it to the wall. The box may allow the vibrations to resonate, increasing their volume. I would insulate the inside of the "box" hoping to reduce resonance. Whatever you do make sure it is strong... that machine weighs about 400 Lbs.

Make sure the compressor's shipping bolts a loosened, that may be the cause of the clunk you hear.

Bergy