advice needed for Star Electric fryer

I have a model 116C 3 ph electric fryer and I was told it has a problem intermittently not maintaining the right temp. I looked over the wiring diagram and it looks like I just need to replace the thermostat... The complaint is that they set it at 300 and it only reaches about 260..... sometimes it seems to be right on though... when I checked it, it came on and went off within 20 degrees of the set temp.

They do peanuts and cashews in the shell with this thing and they want to make sure the peanuts are getting done.

Anything specific I should check?

Thanks for ANY replies.

Tony
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson

If you remove the Thermstat knob and look into the stem of the thermo is there a screw down in it ? If so then it is an adjustment for the thermo calibration.

Talking Thanks so much!

I'm headed over there tomorrow to follow up on a job I did there today and I'll check that.

Thanks again

If the thermostat seems pretty close I would check and make sure all elements are good and pulling current. One element could bring fryer up to temp, but all three will be needed when a basket of raw product is dropped into it. Good luck with it.
    Mark

no thermo adjustment possible

unfortunately the stem is solid, so no adjusting screw is there.

I will verify all elements are working, the guy who works at the club where this is located is a retired electrician, and I think he checked them, butI will doublecheck myself to be sure.

Thanks for the info!

sounds like out of calibration or t-stat.Is this the T-stat that has the chain coupling you have to adjust like old pitco?