Mountain Home Idaho

Son-in-law got orders---------next Aug---------we're hoping orders get canceled

what is out in that area?

we're not real jazzed up about the 2300 mile trip

they're 600 miles from us now

glad he only has a few more years to retire
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    Son-in-law got orders---------next Aug---------we're hoping orders get canceled

what is out in that area?

we're not real jazzed up about the 2300 mile trip

they're 600 miles from us now

glad he only has a few more years to retire
    My brother has stints there on the base from time to time. I will ask him some questions if I know what to ask. What kind of things do you want to know?

Very close to Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton Mountains, many Ski Resorts that will knock your socks off!! There is a lot to do there if you like outdoor stuff. It is a very cool area. If you want to know more Google that area. There are a bunch of really cool things to do there. As with many parts of the west,,,,, you have to be willing to do some driving to see some things. We are spread out here. Hells Canyon Recreation Area. ( if you want to go white water rafting or maybe some really cool fishing) They have Sturgeon in that river if you want to catch a fish that is like 6' long or so.... They get a lot bigger!! Salmon, Steelhead other fish like Trout. Good weather, not as much snow in the Boise area. Very hot in the summer, low humidity though. I will write more if I think of some things to tell you.

I was stationed there 93-96, I liked it..Kinda... I mean there could be worse places, I dont like a ton of people and traffic so it suited me fine. I did Hvac (366CES), what is he doing?
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    I was stationed there 93-96, I liked it..Kinda... I mean there could be worse places, I dont like a ton of people and traffic so it suited me fine. I did Hvac (366CES), what is he doing?
    He trains right now................can't remember his afsc...........something to do with electronics F-15 & A-10

he's got line # for E-7

It'll be a big change from Eglin
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.