Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I find it hard to believe I pay homeowners taxes to educate kids and their GD worthless parents keep them out of school. costing the district and me money
    Those parents pay taxes, too. I guess you forgot that part of it.

BO was NOT INVITED to speak. In ANY school. He simply barged in. You know...sorta like the Khmer Rouge.

Tell ya somethin' else. Our 13 year old has not attended a day of public school in his life and I still pay school taxes. Can you point out the "fairness" in that? But then again, life is not about "fairness".

Get over it.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

You, too, Clark. Only X2.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bja105 View Post
    I find it hypocritical that this self made man, our president, can tell our kids to work hard like he did. He belongs to a party and dogma that says the "disadvantaged" need extra help and can not achieve by working hard. I suspect that his honest message would be get ahead by unionizing, protesting, extorting, and voting democrat.
    Now thats a good point!

I find it hard to believe I pay homeowners taxes to educate kids and their GD worthless parents keep them out of school. costing the district and me money
    I pay homeowners taxes in a district my 3 kids don't even attend school in.
    They go to school in the district my wife works in (better schools).

Dont pay those taxes and see where your arse winds up. I guess if one were to rent it would have been ok.

I pay those same taxes. Thing is, I have no kids,never. I want a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I pay those same taxes. Thing is, I have no kids,never. I want a refund!
    Had my kids stayed home, I hope they would have taken that from your tax money and not mine.

Why would a school force its students to listen to a speech by a scoialist President who by all acounts is not even a legal citizen of the US. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by absoair View Post
    Had my kids stayed home, I hope they would have taken that from your tax money and not mine.
    I'll never know. They probably did.

Remember the movie Animal House where at the end when all hell has broken loose.......that one kid is walking around screaming " all is well !!!!! "

Thats our economy right now... we might have seen some kind of .0000003 increase toward the good.... but winters coming...

Bet a lot of folks are going to be wishing they didnt fall for that cash for clunkers bull....and just kept their reliable car or truck.

Tossing money at our problems.....thats all that we have been doing.

I work in manufacturing plants every day and I dont see no signs of recovery in that I dont see production increases and I dont see layed off shifts coming back. Also dont see much new work going on...and I do see repairs being put off and equipment shut down till some money comes available.

BO didn't barge in..............he is the President of the United States. He can go where he wants to and talk to whomever he wants to talk to.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    BO didn't barge in..............he is the President of the United States. He can go where he wants to and talk to whomever he wants to talk to.
    Yeah? Let 'im try that crap at my house.

Proud member of KA Club

I just don't see what's wrong with a president Democrat or Republican trying to talk your bed wetting kids into staying in school and having a goal or dream cause it sure as hell is more of a dream than they are getting at home in plenty of cases.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

"He can go where he wants to and talk to whomever he wants to talk to."

So could Michael Jackson.

That don't mean its ok to tell my child what you want them to hear. We may not have the same views, morals or beliefs.
    I've heard it said "It takes a village to rais a child". I call BULL----. It takes responsible parents that are aware of what may happen, not paranoid.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast