Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Kept my kids home from school today.

Dont care what Obama is sellin.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I don't blame you at all for that choice. It's simply unbelievable what he and his crew is doing to this country.

That is stating it lightly.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Well most of the time the nut don't fall far from the tree ,so whats one day with out school?

From a local board

I am wondering if I am the only one who took the time to read the actual speech, now, I will admit that my children ARE NOT going to be sitting in on this speech during school hours, but beyond that, has anyone read the speech ? I just got done reading it, in fact I read it (6) six times, and I found it interesting that the following facts about the speech are true, if you don't believe me, read it yourself and find out....

The word(s):

I, I'm, I've, I'd (referencing himself) used a total of - 53 times....

Education - 10 times

Responsibility - 9 times

Parents - 6 times

Teachers - 7 times

Country, America or Nation - 7 times

So...In closing...talking to children in classrooms thru out America, The president will reference himself 53 times and education, responsibility, parents, teachers, Country, America and nation a COMBINED 39 times....

Seems like the speech is a bit on the me, myself and I, does it not ??

link plz

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I hope you are not in one of those school districts that will force the absent students to watch a DVD of the speech.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResou...SchoolRemarks/

Every single one of you has something you’re good at.

Perhaps English and grammar aren't those things.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    link plz
    http://houston.craigslist.org/rnr/1363676554.html

Dems didn't like it one bit back when G.H.W.B. spoke to the kiddies.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-57694347.html
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I had plans to keep my 3 boys out, but I let them go. My older son would have missed baseball practice,(high school) he was allowed to opt out of the speech. My 2nd son listened and really heard the same ole same ole (middle school). We stay on our children about education. My 3rd son really had no clue, (elem. school) only that the pres was speaking on T.V. and my son was gonna get a break.

All in All, no harm done. I initially felt a threat. I'm not sure about the right or wrong. I only know that my kids could have been subjected to somethings that I don't agree with. Kinda like the big bang theory, I don't believe in it and I don't want my kids being taught that it is something other than theory.

Kinda like a jehova wittness knocking on a christians door, or the reverse, and the children are home alone and the discussion begins. You don't know how far some people will go.

It's over now, lets see what the speech will be to congress.

This just in:

If you kept your children out of school because of a speech by a Democratic President, you are a total right wing nutjob. Please post what you found offensive.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post

I am wondering if I am the only one who took the time to read the actual speech, now, I will admit that my children ARE NOT going to be sitting in on this speech during school hours, but beyond that, has anyone read the speech ? I just got done reading it, in fact I read it (6) six times, and I found it interesting that the following facts about the speech are true, if you don't believe me, read it yourself and find out....
    7 times in one short paragraph, 8 if you count "my"
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast