Trane comfort-r setting

I have reading a lot about the comfort-r setting . They are coming soon to install the Trane 16 seer package unit with the Trane 802 t-stat .

Does the the t-stat hookup have to be changed on a package unit or can you just change the dip switch settings . I just want to make sure they do it right .

Thanks

Don

Comfort R is set up with dip switches in the unit. The 802 stat has its own set of options that need to be set up to match your system.

Ok , I agree but I have read so post's that are saying you have to wire the t-stat different . Like put jumpers in , but that was on a different trane unit .

I have read the installation manual from cover to cover on my unit and the comfort-r settings seem to be a secret besides telling you to set the dip switches .

Thanks

Don

There is a jumper that must be present on the furnace control board. I don't remember which contacts it is for sure. I think it's in the manual, but it doesn't exactly jump out at you in the setup. It's kind of a footnote.

First of all, if you have hired a professional company to come out and install a Trane packaged you should trust that they know what they are doing or do not use them. It is going to become too much of a hassle for you and them if you start second guessing them before they even attempt to do the job. And yes Trane can be a pain in the but with their setup. Packaged units should come setup to run without anything other than changing some dipswitches.