+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Punks

Post Likes

Punks

We got some kids that need an a$$ kicking around my apartment complex. Got up from my nap today I noticed the fan was running on the furnace when I got up and went about my business. About a half hour later I walked under a vent and noticed it wasn't cool and the A/C was still calling so I went out to the condenser and someone pulled the disconnect blade out of the condensing unit. I then checked the other units next to mine, all gone. I looked all over the area and couldn't find what the little punks did with them. So by the time I got done searching my apartment was up to 78º so I went out to the truck and got some 10 GA wire. I would like to see the little punks try and unhook me now.

Post Likes
    Sounds like it's time for you to buy some cammies and a paintball gun.

Post Likes
    Nice idea...but sadly, you're the one who will fry if anything happens to the little nippers. Thankfully, my property has breakers---which they turn off with disturbing regularity.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Nice idea...but sadly, you're the one who will fry if anything happens to the little nippers. Thankfully, my property has breakers---which they turn off with disturbing regularity.
    Only if you get caught.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Sounds like it's time for you to buy some cammies and a paintball gun.
    That would have been a blast in my younger days, just like bivouac in basic training. Na I just unhooked the ground from the unit and tied one hot line to the ground lug, just got to make sure my dog stays away from from the unit....lol...just kidding I wish I could though.

Post Likes

THAT would surprise the h**l out of someone.

Post Likes
    Kid's now day's need their a$$ kicked. I would have never done such a thing when I was a kid.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Kid's now day's need their a$$ kicked. I would have never done such a thing when I was a kid.
    I remember when I was little, my dad said something to me that I am just beginning to understand now.

"I hope that you get away with half of the stuff I did when I was a kid."

I hope the same for my kids.

Eventually, there will be no fun left to have...

Post Likes
    Time is still on your side though. There will come a day when those punks would like to have a minute and the next generation(after them) will interrupt it also.
    It comes around and goes around too.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Post Likes
    Well, I would report this to complex maintenance staff and demand that they lock the disconnects. I would explain that if these kids are able to get into the box to pull the fuses they are also able to easily contact line voltage....

wet grass....rainy day.....reaching into a hot disconnect.

Id explain the tragedy that could happen.

I would probably also notify them in writing....and send a copy to the apartment manager

Maybe even write a letter to the local letters to the editor part of the paper.

Ive found the letters to the editor section of the paper to be an effective tool in getting action on problems I have had in the past.

Im also quite fond of kerosene and matches but thats another story.

~:>

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Well, I would report this to complex maintenance staff and demand that they lock the disconnects. I would explain that if these kids are able to get into the box to pull the fuses they are also able to easily contact line voltage....

wet grass....rainy day.....reaching into a hot disconnect.

Id explain the tragedy that could happen.

I would probably also notify them in writing....and send a copy to the apartment manager

Maybe even write a letter to the local letters to the editor part of the paper.

Ive found the letters to the editor section of the paper to be an effective tool in getting action on problems I have had in the past.

Im also quite fond of kerosene and matches but thats another story.

~:>
    Your dead on, I believe locks should be national code. But you no how that goes, I can't find the key!!! Maybe a universal lock we can get at parts house,I believe I seen something like that somewhere, like those screws you can't take out without that special driver. We always take #8 wire wrap so tight you can't get off without a pair of linemans pliers.

Post Likes
    Just a simple tie wrap would dissuade some kids.

Post Likes
    Got a call to a supermarket monday night. Everything melting. got there and found the disconnects off on the rooftop condenser fans and all the compressors cycling on their high pressure cut outs. Except for one compressor, who's HPCO had failed in the on position and and caused the relief valve to dump 75 lbs. of r-404.

Apparently someone had left a ladder up to the roof (strip mall) and some punks got up there and were spray-painting graffiti on the roof. They must have thought the condensers were too noisy so they turned them off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in