Wesco Natural Gas Furnace

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and don't really know if I'm in the right place yet. I was a service tech for many years and have been retired for some years now. I have a Wesco 80,000 BTU forced air furnace with a problem. The two pressed steel burner tubes are all corroded and the slits in the top are all gone. Is there any place that would still carry replacement parts for such a furnace. It was originally installed in 1986 and has a model number of 5131406 and a number WGGI or WGC2 something like that on the tag as well. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Duane Hansen

23 years old. Rusted up burners.

If you were in the trade. You know its time for a new furnace.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

beenthere......you're right of course but I was hoping to get one more season out of this one. I shot my wad for this year on a 650 sq foot addition and the furnace wasn't in the budget until next year. Is Wesco still in business? Are parts available?

Don't know. Not familar with that brand name.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

50% efficency maybe....

Dear Duane,
    My research says they went outa business about 1990. Call it 20 years ago..Parts? nope!!

Come on now YOU know its TIME for a new one!! 90% or better.
    Your gas bill would be way less..
    Last edited by fixitguy; 09-07-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: more info

Wesco Furance

you could talk to some of the local company's maby one has a slightly used unit or a scratch and dent unit for $$ off the orginal price.
    i got a grate deal on a basi furance for allmost 1/2 off the price for a few scratches and one tiny dent in one panel that didnt affect the unit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Hansen View Post
    Hi All, I'm new to this forum and don't really know if I'm in the right place yet. I was a service tech for many years and have been retired for some years now. I have a Wesco 80,000 BTU forced air furnace with a problem. The two pressed steel burner tubes are all corroded and the slits in the top are all gone. Is there any place that would still carry replacement parts for such a furnace. It was originally installed in 1986 and has a model number of 5131406 and a number WGGI or WGC2 something like that on the tag as well. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Duane Hansen