Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Options

the death penalty is worthless without unconstitutionally disallowing appeals

life on death row costs the taxpayer over 40,000.00 a year

a bullet in the back of the head , immediately after one is found guilty, would work

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    that last paragraph is right out of Obamaism
    That may be true but he does not live up to his rhetoric, he has many lobbyist in his administration.

While it is a laudable sentiment to execute all 1st degree felons it neither practical nor cost effective. They must be afforded an appeal and this cost money because most are poor and destitute. It cost tens of millions of dollars to execute a person and probably less than $1,000,000 to house them for their miserable lives.

It would cost much less if we put them all in prison for life without parole and made them work to provide for their upkeep. I mean they should have to grow all of their own food as well as cotton for cloth for their clothing and bedding. If they cannot produce it they do not need it. If they want electricity let them turn a generator, if they want furniture let them grow a tree fell it and make their own.

If criminals had to work to provide subsistence they would have less time to create terror amongst their own, you do not work you do not eat.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    That may be true but he does not live up to his rhetoric, he has many lobbyist in his administration.

While it is a laudable sentiment to execute all 1st degree felons it neither practical nor cost effective. They must be afforded an appeal and this cost money because most are poor and destitute. It cost tens of millions of dollars to execute a person and probably less than $1,000,000 to house them for their miserable lives.

It would cost much less if we put them all in prison for life without parole and made them work to provide for their upkeep. I mean they should have to grow all of their own food as well as cotton for cloth for their clothing and bedding. If they cannot produce it they do not need it. If they want electricity let them turn a generator, if they want furniture let them grow a tree fell it and make their own.

If criminals had to work to provide subsistence they would have less time to create terror amongst their own, you do not work you do not eat.
    i can agree with all but the appeal process

Tall order, but yeah....out law the lobbyists.

Better shot at term limits.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

It would cost much less if we put them all in prison for life without parole and made them work to provide for their upkeep. I mean they should have to grow all of their own food as well as cotton for cloth for their clothing and bedding. If they cannot produce it they do not need it. If they want electricity let them turn a generator, if they want furniture let them grow a tree fell it and make their own. If criminals had to work to provide subsistence they would have less time to create terror amongst their own, you do not work you do not eat.
    Oh yea, & how about all the people who have been killed, raped, etc, by people that either escaped from jail or were parolled after violent crimes.
    Appeals: 1 appeal with limit of 3 months, then death by bullet - $5.95
    I personnally do not want these people to live...period.
    & if you do, then I hope yu get to 'see' them after they have ben let out of or escape from jail....maybe you could open up a bed & breakfast for escaped criminals, parolled felons, etc.
    You want 'em, you need to deal with 'em.
    & do you think that I care if they are poor & destitute??? many are poor & destitute due to their own making & the others don't go around committing violent crimes. Don't matter 'why', just matters that they are dead if they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Oh yea, & how about all the people who have been killed, raped, etc, by people that either escaped from jail or were parolled after violent crimes.
    Appeals: 1 appeal with limit of 3 months, then death by bullet - $5.95
    I personnally do not want these people to live...period.
    & if you do, then I hope yu get to 'see' them after they have ben let out of or escape from jail....maybe you could open up a bed & breakfast for escaped criminals, parolled felons, etc.
    You want 'em, you need to deal with 'em.
    & do you think that I care if they are poor & destitute??? many are poor & destitute due to their own making & the others don't go around committing violent crimes. Don't matter 'why', just matters that they are dead if they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Richard hold up a minute; personally I think if you are too lazy to work then you should have a bullet to the back of the head. What I was saying is there is no way we can be putting people to death without an appeal, mistakes are made as much as any of us would like to believe otherwise. At least if a mistake is made it is rectifiable with a life sentence, I mean our judicial systems is great in concept but in application it leaves a great deal to be desired. Many if not most prosecutor are more concerned with win percentage than the truth and that breeds contempt for the truth and justice.

So in lieu of expanding and expediting the execution process (which will not happen we Texans do it best) make all first degree felonies and multiple felony offenders mandatory life without parole. Life without parole means just that they never get out and very few ever escape prison and those that do are quickly captured. There is a simple fix to escape anyway put in a chip then they cannot run far.

Look if we build large prisons in remote locations and make them provide for their own subsistence they will not be that costly. Or put them all in prison out in the wilds of Alaska and just feed then like Arpahio does Bologna white bread and water. It would take a minimal of guards, if they want to escape fine save us money to house and feed them because they could not survive even during the summer.

Richard hold up a minute; personally I think if you are too lazy to work then you should have a bullet to the back of the head. What I was saying is there is no way we can be putting people to death without an appeal, mistakes are made as much as any of us would like to believe otherwise. At least if a mistake is made it is rectifiable with a life sentence, I mean our judicial systems is great in concept but in application it leaves a great deal to be desired. Many if not most prosecutor are more concerned with win percentage than the truth and that breeds contempt for the truth and justice.

I apologize if I took your statements incorrectly, Classical.... you are right on our justice system, for sure....however, I would much prefer that convicted criminals were put to death quickly regardless that there may be some that are really innocent. I just read, this year, about a break out of criminals ( i think it was a Texas prison, but not sure ) where 6 to 8 people were killed by these escaped prisoners. Thats 6 to 8 innocent lives lost because we didn't put them to death. Now, how many innocent people were jailed, with a violent crime, this year???? It seems to me that a lot more truely innocent people are killed each year by someone who has gotten out of jail one way or another, who in my opinion should have been dead. So, you would let ALL the guilty people live, increasing the CHANCE that some might excape, just to protect a few other innocent people who MIGHT have gotten convicted, by error.
    I would much rather see some kind of 'punishment' for the attorneys, courts, etc who convicted the innocent than letting the truely guilty live.

So in lieu of expanding and expediting the execution process (which will not happen we Texans do it best) make all first degree felonies and multiple felony offenders mandatory life without parole. Life without parole means just that they never get out and very few ever escape prison and those that do are quickly captured. There is a simple fix to escape anyway put in a chip then they cannot run far.
    If they can never get out, then why in the world would you want to keep them alive??????? Besides that, read above....yes I read where all the escapees were recaptured, but that was AFTER 6-8 people were killed by them. That doesn't make me sleep too good, how about you????
    Look if we build large prisons in remote locations and make them provide for their own subsistence they will not be that costly. Or put them all in prison out in the wilds of Alaska and just feed then like Arpahio does Bologna white bread and water. It would take a minimal of guards, if they want to escape fine save us money to house and feed them because they could not survive even during the summer.
    My other problem with the prison system....we keep putting non-violent criminals in the same prison as violent criminals & call ourselves REHABILITATING them....
    Either way, a bullet cost less than a new prison. we need LESS prisons & less prisoners, NOT MORE.......

Richard

My other problem with the prison system....we keep putting non-violent criminals in the same prison as violent criminals & call ourselves REHABILITATING them....
    Either way, a bullet cost less than a new prison. we need LESS prisons & less prisoners, NOT MORE.......

Richard
    Rope is cheaper. The lumber for the thirteen steps and trap door is a one time cost.
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Rope is cheaper. The lumber for the thirteen steps and trap door is a one time cost.
    Bullets are cheaper yet.

Line 'em up and knock 'em down.

Make the guys on death row reload their own and cut costs even further.

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    I'll Buy that...plus it will last longer than the bullet which most will deserve.
    They should also be public, like in the 'good-ole-days'.

Richard

I'll Buy that...plus it will last longer than the bullet which most will deserve.
    They should also be public, like in the 'good-ole-days'.

Richard
    Yeah, they can start by hanging that creep who killed Jessica Lundsford.
    -Pat Riley

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Bullets are cheaper yet.

Line 'em up and knock 'em down.

Make the guys on death row reload their own and cut costs even further.
    This works too.
    -Pat Riley

the problem with prisons today , and what is happening with health care confuses me.

we have Republicans who are against socialized health care for innocent hard working people, yet at the same time they want criminals incarcerated for life with free medical and dental. go figure

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast