Results 14 to 26 of 45
09-07-2009, 04:24 AM #14
Add an extra 10% tax on any one making over 150k in the stock market in one year. not ,forget that one
09-07-2009, 07:31 AM #15
It's not designed to work, unless you loosely define the word. It's designed to maintain dependence on the political class.It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!
09-07-2009, 07:42 AM #16
Abolish the IRS and the federal income tax.It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!
09-07-2009, 07:49 AM #17
Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 09-07-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: other half of my brain wanted to chime-in
09-07-2009, 08:52 AM #18
09-07-2009, 08:59 AM #19
Term limits (only two per office held)
Senate: Maximum 12 consecutive years
House: Maximum 4 consecutive years
20 years maximum for Supreme court Justice"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
09-07-2009, 09:16 AM #20It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM #21
09-07-2009, 09:23 AM #22
09-07-2009, 09:27 AM #23
09-07-2009, 11:29 AM #24
The fed does not need to be getting taxes from the states then re appropriating it back to other states. I do not need to be building a road system in Boston and I do not need to subsidize Amtrak on the east coast.
We do need to fund federal Highways so maybe a percentage of fuel taxes need to go to the Fed.
We need to reduce the Fed's control and revert to local and state control especially in regards to education and healthcare.
Tort reform works, since we instituted medical tort reform in Texas Doctors cannot get here fast enough, before reform they were leaving in droves especially OB/GYN's and pediatricians along the border.
Beyond term limits and the exclusion of pensions and retirement plans for elected officials we need to stipulate that a lobbyist cannot have served in an elected position for at least longer than maximum term. In other words if the longest a Senator can serve is 8 years he cannot become a lobbyist for at least 8-years. This will stop cronyism and to a great extent influence peddling.
09-07-2009, 11:32 AM #25
09-07-2009, 11:48 AM #26
Lets see... a list of how I want our government to be like
1) Phase-out welfare
2) Double ( or better ) social security & medicare for seniors. Remove payments for everything else. Don't use SS & med. moneys for anything else.
3) Reduce taxes to 10% of income
4) Remove ALL illegal taxation: such as taxes on labor, taxes on rentals.
5) Tort reform: no suing unless plaintiff is DIRECTLY responsible.
6) Term limits for politicians, as others have stated
7) Complete removel of illegals, as others have stated
8) Fed Gov, should not be involved in anything that does not involve EVERY american EQUALLY.
9) State gov. should not be involved in anything that does not involve EVERY person in that state EQUALLY.
10) Local gov. should not be involved in anything that does not involve EVERY person in their jurisdiction EQUALLY
11) Death penalty for all violent crimes ( 1st degree )
12) Death penalty for all multiple felonies
13) remove the notion that people have RIGHTS to anything but the air they breath & the right to protect themselves.
14) Allow for protection of property & persons by any means necessary
Thats all I got for now, I'm sure I can think of more later, though...