Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Options

You want to have a laugh check this prison out in Arizona http://www.cnn.com/US/9907/27/tough.sheriff/ You will find some utube on it also

Heres a link to utube,also check out his illegal alien program www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tfIKUZ0fY

Richard the prisoners you are talking about escaped from a federal prison in South Texas and that was almost a decade ago.

A/C I am not for feeding these thugs/scum for their remaining lives but the alternative is providing tens of millions of dollars per prisoner to kill them. The purpose of this thread was to come up with solutions/proposals to fix our country. To do that we must present solutions that can both work and be acceptable to both sides. As much as we would like to kill killers and habitual worthless felons we will never convince an considerable portion of this country of one the need and two to eliminate an automatic appeal process.

So given the above a mandatory life without parole sentence is the best option as well as the three strikes/habitual criminal statute.

Richard I also agree that putting non-violent criminals with the violent scum is a very bad idea. In my mind/scenario they would be separated so young first offenders do not become hardened lifelong felons. I am in favor of decriminalizing the use of pot and other drugs but stiffening the penalty for sales and distribution.

Both parties suck to high heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    the problem with prisons today , and what is happening with health care confuses me.

we have Republicans who are against socialized health care for innocent hard working people, yet at the same time they want criminals incarcerated for life with free medical and dental. go figure
    Let's burn down DC and start over.

Rough crowd! Lot of things that would be good to change, but for the most part, preaching to the choir.
    As a suggestion for additions to the "wish list", how about:
    All evidence is admissable- up to the jury to decide if it's viable. Really don't see anything wrong with a jury hearing that the accused has previous convictions for a particular crime or that the confession that was subsequently proven valid was the result of rough language from the police.
    Really agree with term limits, particularly fed judges, including Supreme Court!

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Tall order, but yeah....out law the lobbyists.

Better shot at term limits.
    How in the world are we going to outlaw lobbyists? You'd have to outlaw yourself. Now if you would mention specific behaviors, that's one thing...
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234