Old McQuay Chillers

I hope some one can help me...

We need to replace two old McQuay Chillers and all I have is the following #:

1. TC0742
    2. PEH050

All I know is they are Water Cooled chillers and use R-12, but I don't know how many tons each are... I've tried looking into the Internet for any info, but can't find any.

contact McQuay with the model and serial number, they can tell you.

Wink

I only have the serial number of one... I thought of calling McQuay but as a last resource... you are right, I should.
    Thank you,

take the peh050 for example, that compressor is made to cover a range of tonnage. that model number can have different gears in it and impellers. thats why you need to go to mcquay to see the design specs on it. or if you know who the mcquay sales rep is for your area, they should have that info also.

CE 050 ranged from 80 to 150 tons. You will need the S.O. or G.O. # off the unit if it is an older one. The "TC" is the condenser model #. That will do you no good. Go look at the condenser water pump gpm and see what it is. Divided it by 3 and should get you close to the nominal tons.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Someone at www.havtech.com should be able to help you. Do you have the numbers off the stainless steel tags on the Barrels?

The tag that has the PEH050 on it is the same tag you need to have when you call McQuay Service. It has the Serial & Go# on it.