Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ARP threads

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    My Dr. is located in a clinic along with several other doctors that share the practice. We have two such clinics in this town along with the county Hospital. We even have availability of Air Evac and you can be a 'member' and pay 'membership dues' and if you ever have to use them you're covered. Imagine that.
    These clinics and the Hospital all accept insurance...they also accept cash which is almost as good as money... Why would it be a bad thing to pay your health care provider directly instead of paying premiums to an insurance company and then ALSO paying co-pays and deductibles????? Most of us take care of our car expenses out of pocket, we don't pay for mechanical insurance. We do the maintenance and if we have an accident, we file a claim on our insurance which helps pay for it. Beyond our deductible of course.
    The doctor I see will not take insurance. I would say he has no desire to chase inusrance companies to get paid. I believe him to be the best one available, so I pay out of pocket for checkups and appointments etc. Have to see him every so many months as I am on a presciption for diabetes.

So I pay and get reimbursed by the insurance company for 80%. It is one thing to pay out of pocket for minor check ups, minor appointments, but I do not have a few hundred grand on hand in case I needed some serious treatments or a procedure so that is why I pay insurance.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Keep reading, C. She has catastrophic/hospital care.

I'm considering the same thing. Six grand a year so I can have $25 co-pays is a bit much.

I can plunk that money in investments and pay a cash discount for my office visits. I'll be way ahead.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

We have no children and neither smoke. We're relatively healthy for our ages with the exception of my husband's allergies that he has medication for. Which we also pay out of pocket.

I guess I have a hard time seeing where people equate health care with insurance. They aren't the same thing.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Don't trip over a banana-peel down some stairs.

Then - you may find out where insurance meets health care.

<sigh>

Insurance is not health care. Health care is not insurance.

I did state (more than once for those hard of reading) that I have insurance for catastrophic etc.

Ok, I know what is meant by talking until you're blue in the face. Some people only see what they 'think' they're reading. Comprehension?? Forgetaboutit...who needs it....
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

catostrophic health care is a joke. Not paying insurance premiums because of worring about profit is a joke

the real answer is you have other priorites that cannot be met if you buy healt insurance
    and as for 6,000.00 invested--at todays rates you'd lose most of it to inflation

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    catostrophic health care is a joke. Not paying insurance premiums because of worring about profit is a joke

the real answer is you have other priorites that cannot be met if you buy healt insurance
    and as for 6,000.00 invested--at todays rates you'd lose most of it to inflation
    Are you speaking of the care given in a catastrophe or the insurance covering such a thing?? See, you state catostrophic health care <sic> is a joke when I think you're meaning the insurance coverage.

Some one else brought the profit factor into it. But, I guess you're all in favor or insurance companies and the great job they do?

i'm talking about the insurance. the only people who buy that are cheapskates who care more for their money than for people in general. and most of them seem to be small business owners that only see personenl as to ho wmuch they cost and wether they make them money. its not hard sniff out a snake when thats what you dine on.

I see.

Well, since we (my husband and I) are only responsible for ourselves I guess it's really not your business.

I had employer 'subsidized' insurance up until 2004 when I left that job--I paid a considerable amount for it each paycheck.
    I also had to pay deductible. Guess how many times I reached that threshold?

When did it become a business' responsibility to provide health care (or insurance) for employees anyway? They don't insure your car. They don't insure your house. They don't pay for your kid's wedding (if you don't save up for it yourself).

no, its not my business, but when that little credit card you carry for catostrophic insurance doesnt pay crushing medical debt and you file for bankruptcy it becomes my business

and a good living wage will allow people to buy whatever insurance is needed

myself, I hate insurance in all its forms and think it should all be abolished, especially state mandated insurance.

Credit card??

You're losing me....I'm not the one in favor of insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    This post is exactly why we are skeptical of your claims. It is bragging to make yourself feel important. I service several doctors with as good or greater accolades than this and many customers that live in homes worth more than $4,000,000 that does not reflect on me anymore than a client that has a $150,000 dollar home and is a Cop. I have a friend client that was written up in Forbes recently as one of the top ten money manager’s big freaking deal. I even worked on Michael Debakeys home and his hospital again big deal.

BTW you were not bragging that you lost 500K you were bragging that you had made it back and it had not hurt you. Implying that you were smarter than average and had so much money that a 500K loss was no big deal.

Reb has it right as many do paying cash for medical services is cheaper and preferable than going through an insurance company. We had the same type plan for many years. Now that we are older we have a much more comprehensive plan it is also much more expensive.
    Fact is I called the end of the stock down turn on a post here in early march So my answer to you about being smart is a big yes We have four clients on the list one is Bloomburg And Class you have nothing like Alpine or Manhatten where you work or live

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    no, its not my business, but when that little credit card you carry for catostrophic insurance doesnt pay crushing medical debt and you file for bankruptcy it becomes my business

and a good living wage will allow people to buy whatever insurance is needed

myself, I hate insurance in all its forms and think it should all be abolished, especially state mandated insurance.
    Do you even understand how catastrophic insurance works. What it amounts to you pay a smaller rate and it does not cover basic stuff like the sniffles or a sore throat. If you break your leg you pay for it and it will cost much less than if an insurance company pays and it will probably cost you less than if you paid for full coverage insurance.

When and if you have a major health issue it kicks in and covers you full boat after your deductible. When we had it we had $4,000,000 lifetime with a $7,500.00 deductible. It cost us like $350.00 a month.

Are you also against medical savings accounts, we also had one of those with our Cat insurance.

These are called options which is what the country is built on and what we should all being fighting to keep instead of this stupid universal health. We do need to make some revision to the law and some oversights but basically the system is sound.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast