Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ARP threads

I'm thinking perhaps it's an age thing. I know my 10 yr. old niece texts like that but my 26 year old brother writes coherently...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I have never said I don't have catastrophic care coverage. I don't have insurance for other than hospital care. I also don't have maternity coverage but I'm not planning on getting pregnant since my husband has had a vasectomy.
    I am a taxpayer. I'm also a responsible person for my own well being.

You can take your consideration of me as unstable and dishonest and stick it in your portfolio. As I've said before, you don't know me and you're an assumer.
    Good answer but only you know the real truth Comming a person that has to pay cash to see a doctor

What in the world did you just say???

Health Care and insurance aren't the same things. I'd much rather pay my DOCTOR for great care than to pay an insurance company for their PROFITS.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post
    Does braging about ones pea shooter also mean they might be facing some inadequacies?
    Yea mike, what 200 pages about a gun talk about being 10 years ald

What in the world did you just say???

Health Care and insurance aren't the same things. I'd much rather pay my DOCTOR for great care than to pay an insurance company for their PROFITS.
    Were is his office wal mart

anti profit. thats communistic

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Were is his office wal mart
    My Dr. is located in a clinic along with several other doctors that share the practice. We have two such clinics in this town along with the county Hospital. We even have availability of Air Evac and you can be a 'member' and pay 'membership dues' and if you ever have to use them you're covered. Imagine that.
    These clinics and the Hospital all accept insurance...they also accept cash which is almost as good as money... Why would it be a bad thing to pay your health care provider directly instead of paying premiums to an insurance company and then ALSO paying co-pays and deductibles????? Most of us take care of our car expenses out of pocket, we don't pay for mechanical insurance. We do the maintenance and if we have an accident, we file a claim on our insurance which helps pay for it. Beyond our deductible of course.

My Dr. is located in a clinic along with several other doctors that share the practice. We have two such clinics in this town along with the county Hospital. We even have availability of Air Evac and you can be a 'member' and pay 'membership dues' and if you ever have to use them you're covered. Imagine that.
    These clinics and the Hospital all accept insurance...they also accept cash which is almost as good as money... Why would it be a bad thing to pay your health care provider directly instead of paying premiums to an insurance company and then ALSO paying co-pays and deductibles????? Most of us take care of our car expenses out of pocket, we don't pay for mechanical insurance. We do the maintenance and if we have an accident, we file a claim on our insurance which helps pay for it. Beyond our deductible of course.
    sounds communistic to me

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    anti profit. thats communistic
    Nope. It's not anti-profit, it's selecting WHO should receive the profit. We hear all the horror stories in the HVAC field about Home Warranty companies taking money for their policies and then only providing the bare minimum of coverage when it's needed or outright denying a claim. In the pro's forum you can find many threads discussing why most HVAC guys don't/won't join up with Home Warranty companies...the profits are misplaced....

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    sounds communistic to me
    Huh?

You get a service and pay for it...that's communistic...how??

Huh?

You get a service and pay for it...that's communistic...how??
    sounds communistic to me, with a touch of feminine logic

My doctor was on the,100 best doctor list The New Yorker Magazine puts it out every year. He has a house in alpine NJ the richest town in the country.I do his A/C, I would guss the house cost 4,000,000 .6 A/C units

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    My doctor was on the,100 best doctor list The New Yorker Magazine puts it out every year. He has a house in alpine NJ the richest town in the country.I do his A/C, I would guss the house cost 4,000,000 .6 A/C units
    This post is exactly why we are skeptical of your claims. It is bragging to make yourself feel important. I service several doctors with as good or greater accolades than this and many customers that live in homes worth more than $4,000,000 that does not reflect on me anymore than a client that has a $150,000 dollar home and is a Cop. I have a friend client that was written up in Forbes recently as one of the top ten money manager’s big freaking deal. I even worked on Michael Debakeys home and his hospital again big deal.

BTW you were not bragging that you lost 500K you were bragging that you had made it back and it had not hurt you. Implying that you were smarter than average and had so much money that a 500K loss was no big deal.

Reb has it right as many do paying cash for medical services is cheaper and preferable than going through an insurance company. We had the same type plan for many years. Now that we are older we have a much more comprehensive plan it is also much more expensive.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast