Social Networking

Anyone use facebook, myspace or twitter? It is mind-boggling how massive these sites have become, especially facebook.

Yeah.

There are more than a few of us on FB.

I looked around twitter today, but I just don't quite get that one.

My FB became too " convoluted " ? ... my current views of life now versus high school are too different ( as are the folks I was trying to converse with ) ROFL. I canceled my account , perhaps I need to start over ...and accept friends that are more " current ".

Yeah, it is neat to see how many people you can find from back when you were younger and try to re-connect with but at the same time it becomes rediculous when people want to "update" their status every 20 minutes with nonsense. I guess there is good and bad.

I don't understand twitter either.

I'm on Facebook...it's been a great way to keep in touch with my siblings.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I use myspace for my skateboard business but not the A/C.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    I use myspace for my skateboard business but not the A/C.
    very cool man, used to skate a lot a few years back, until i realized a k/f was the best trick i was going to learn.......then frustration set in

I've got em both, not much exciting goin on with my pages though.

I've looked into twitter, and I see absolutely no purpose for it...
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post

I've looked into twitter, and I see absolutely no purpose for it...
    exactly, it seems so pointless. my understanding is that you update your status constantly and that is all you can do??? you get enough of that with facebook.

just saw that there is a hvac-talk group on facebook, very cool.

Actually Twitter and Identi.ca are very helpful. More so than Facebook or Myspace. Think of it as when you just want to give a friend a call and see what there up to. Instead of actually calling them, they occasionally add something to their feed. If you subscribe to them, then you can see their status, what their up to, if they had any good jokes today, anything you can think of. It's kinda like getting an update on what their mood is. You can also use it like email. I know, when I first got started with Identi.ca, I thought this was something just for 14 year old girls to go gaga over. But it is actually very handy. I talk to my brother (who lives in NJ) about once or twice a month. But we keep updated on little things with this.

I used some of them before my MOM, AUNT, and other family members decided they too needed to do it. When I started getting questions from them about who is THAT girl I stopped lol...
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    very cool man, used to skate a lot a few years back, until i realized a k/f was the best trick i was going to learn.......then frustration set in

Been skating off and on since 1989. Now that I am older it is more off than on though.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order