Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guess what?

Guess what?

If you are one of the many who worshiped at the feet of Barak the Almighty when unemployment went down a whopping .1% don't look now but it is back up again.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

and will continue to go up. whats your point. The President has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The President has nothing to do with it.
    There are Obama lovers out there, some who frequent this site, who said "See, I told you so!" giving him the credit when it made that barely perceptible dip. As I understand it, they were pointing to his policies which, according to them, caused unemployment to go down.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

people lost their jobs because the government was/is giving away almost 2 trillion dollars to industries thatwere hurt by investment banking and their use of derivatives. Show me the Money or we'll cut jobs

What administration is most at fault for allowing US jobs to go overseas? Clinton? I don't really know. But in my mind I see this is as one of the biggest problems for unemployment in this country. When a country allows jobs to be farmed out to other countries and not give larger tax breaks to American corporations, that is the beginning of the end. BO's fault? I don't thinks so. This problem started years ago.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

America lost jobs to overseas coutries(global economy) because the same people complaining about government today complained about the US giving aid to every third world country . There was a time when we manufactured goods for the world and in turn gave millions to prop up foreign governments.

and will continue to go up. whats your point. The President has nothing to do with it.
    Then why all the bail outs and stimulus. Wasn't all this massive spending supposed to get us out of this? Even the Brits think something is a amiss with our governments strategy to economic recovery. Isn't the President part of our government?
    I suppose they have their fingers crossed like all of us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...year-high.html
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Then why all the bail outs and stimulus. Wasn't all this massive spending supposed to get us out of this? Even the Brits think something is a amiss with our governments strategy to economic recovery. Isn't the President part of our government?
    I suppose they have their fingers crossed like all of us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...year-high.html
    Do you own a business. is your decision to hire or fire directly related to what the government does or is it related to the amount of work you have

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    What administration is most at fault for allowing US jobs to go overseas? Clinton? I don't really know. But in my mind I see this is as one of the biggest problems for unemployment in this country. When a country allows jobs to be farmed out to other countries and not give larger tax breaks to American corporations, that is the beginning of the end. BO's fault? I don't thinks so. This problem started years ago.
    Not Clinton, however he did expand it and further helped it along. What is "it"?

NAFTA

You can thank Bush Sr and a Democrat controlled Congress, at that time, for that. IMO, NAFTA killed any chance of the USA to ever gain back some of it's past manufacturing dominance.

And yep, that is coming from a conservative.
    -Pat Riley

Do you own a business. is your decision to hire or fire directly related to what the government does or is it related to the amount of work you have
    Nope. Do you?

And yes, what the government is doing, (or lack there of), does affect how people will spend. You don't have to be a business owner to spend money, ya know.
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Nope. Do you?

And yes, what the government is doing, (or lack there of), does affect how people will spend. You don't have to be a business owner to spend money, ya know.
    no, I would'nt even if government paid me, I have standards after all.

I spend only if I have it to spend, government has nothing to do with my spending

no, I would'nt even if government paid me, I have standards after all.

I spend only if I have it to spend, government has nothing to do with my spending
    That's my point. Uncertainty leads to tighter spending habits. People are afraid that they are going to lose their jobs. Can you blame them for being so stingy? You said it yourself, "I spend only if I have it to spend". Those are wise words by the way.
    -Pat Riley

so,we agree?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast