Classic Car Pictures...

Here ya go Spotts, its close to being done.

Ill give some "data" on whats powering the bird, later...

1969 Firebird...

Yeah I have the matching wheels I haven't ordered new tires yet, gimme slack lol...

Ok have have a second before I leave..

I pulled the 400 Pontiac as it lost oil pressure this summer. Turned out its ok, oil pump went bad. Anyways...

I had a 460 ( Yeah, FORD)... That a few buddies and I build about 15 years ago, for a mud truck I use to run. (Yes I was a redneck) Oops still am after this project lol

This was a very well built 460. The heads are from a 429 Cobra Jet, and very well ported, shaved... My buddy worked at a machine shop when I was in the Air Force in Mountain Home Id...He put 100 hours into the port work on these heads. VERY nice flow... All roller 460, a NICE Lunati cam. Compression is about 11:1 so it does run on pump fuel. Crank was polished, the engine was balanced and blueprinted. Manifold ported to match the heads. Just, plain, meaty.

So, after I stopped mudding, it sat. Well After buying a mig welder and having a few too many Crown Royals, I decided hell Ill put it in the bird..

It fit pretty well, of course it needed motor mounts and a new tranny cross member. Plus the hood wouldn't shut so I topped it off with an intake that I think looks pretty damn cool...

I LOVE it when the Pontiac guys give me a weird look when they see a FORD under the hood. I could really not care less what "Brand" of metal slapped together pushes the tires down the road personally. This is what I had, and this is what I dropped in.

Ok I gotta roll, and I'm taking the bird
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Your car is gorgeous! Here is mine, I am in a rush but will talk about yours and the specs of mine later =)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice cars. I have always enjoyed the older cars and trucks.

My youngest boy enjoys them also. This is his biggest project (he has several other smaller projects). It is a long term project, but it is what he wanted to do for his first car. He is 15 yrs old, he has done a lot of the work himself (with some help/guidance from me), and he has paid for most of the car and parts...

It started out looking like this

But like I said he has been working on it

We have this side pretty much done, other 1/4 panel has been removed as has the wheel well.

Maybe some day it will turn heads like your cars........
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

Amazing projects guys!!! Chad, its a beauty! Pls level that scoop, shouldnt point up like that.......

LOL! Very nice! 4 spd or auto??? Fastest car in Jumanji????
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Well unless I grind the chit outa the scoop its gonna be like that!

That's a nice lookin ride Chad. I was thinkin about pickin up a nice little muscle car to tinker with myself...I miss those cars.

Nice early iron, guys...still trying to find a pic of my '68 Mustang I owned at one time...sigh...'twas a fine ride.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

hood scoop

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    Well unless I grind the chit outa the scoop its gonna be like that!
    if you dont you will end up with water blowing in the intake during rain storms or while driveing woudnt want to runin that grate looking car

Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    if you dont you will end up with water blowing in the intake during rain storms or while driveing woudnt want to runin that grate looking car
    Good point, but I'll most likely not drive it in that situation. Im going to order another base and see what I can do. I think I can cut the base (half of it) to get it closer to level at least.