Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liebert Deluxe System 3 20T Glycol

I have oil under the unit, it is two stage cooling. Compressor one wont kick on assuming oil is from there. Compressor 2 wont stay on keeps going off on High Head Pressure. 3 X's it locks out compressor. I pulled fuses for CKT1. Should I jump out anything to force CKT 2 on? This is in a DATA center. Right now I just have fan going econocool should kick in soon. The guys had some high heads throughout the day and a low suction...I go to investigate and oil everywere...I'm pumped....

I think it's time to defer to someone qualified to troubleshoot it properly.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Im guessing the compressor blew a gasket. Cant really investigate until midnight. And what do u mean someone qualified? I have been servicing this data center and all it equiptment for 7 years.

might of blew the condenser relief on one and whats with all the units getting high glycol inlet temps...tripping HPs.check the bottom of both compressors for oil on the bases that bolt the sump up.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Could use some more info.

Do not jump anything out to get it to run. Find the problem first. Then only use jumper if you are actively involved in the final fix, and only while you're running to get a part.

Is that circuit out of gas? What about your heat rejection? That would lead right into the other comment...blown reliefs. Check there first, and then see if you have any pressure in the circuit that won't run.
    You mentioned econocool. Tell us more...

Out of curiosity...Are there unloaders on this 20 ton unit?
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Following Maxster's clue, it could also be the capilary from a water reg. valve or bellows that blew. post the Model number or at least the level of control the unit has, you might be able to test from the control board. Put your guages on and check the pressures. also where is the oil under the unit??? by the compressors or the condensors?

If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStar79 View Post
    Im guessing the compressor blew a gasket. Cant really investigate until midnight. And what do u mean someone qualified? I have been servicing this data center and all it equiptment for 7 years.
    I don't know your level of expertise since you are a new member and it didn't sound like you did much investigation of where the oil came from or why circuit two was tripping out on high head before you were ready to start jumping controls out. There are a lot of DIY's that come in here and try to save some money and end up spending a lot more in the end. Frankly, when you said you hit the HPCO reset three times and the circuit finally locked out, you sounded like a DIYer.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

if the charge is still in the circuit so it can cycle most likely it's a relief but then where is the HP lock out trip?

who running the asylum out in JCI headquarters????

they have a nationwide job listing in almost every state in the union...you paste the resumes up but nobody contacts you,they ask you if you know turbines when your resumes doesn't even have that word in it,they have more descriptions of an HVAc technican then Carters got plls??? and there website with everybody hunting for IOMs and cut sheets they have the pressure /temp charts for freon shown............. who's in charge out there

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStar79 View Post
    I have oil under the unit, it is two stage cooling. Compressor one wont kick on assuming oil is from there. Compressor 2 wont stay on keeps going off on High Head Pressure. 3 X's it locks out compressor. I pulled fuses for CKT1. Should I jump out anything to force CKT 2 on? This is in a DATA center. Right now I just have fan going econocool should kick in soon. The guys had some high heads throughout the day and a low suction...I go to investigate and oil everywere...I'm pumped....
    work on liebert data systems all the time
    first if high head is tripping you need to look at dry cooler,no or inproper air flow will trip HPS which is manual reset
    compressor 1 will not stay on,liebert has oil level switch,comp. starts and pumps oil down and trips switch,must isolate comp to add oil,also no presure switches on liebert have schraders must isolate comp to replace,also alot of dry coolers depending on size use P66 electronic fan cycle control,which can be bypassed by wiring direct

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman989 View Post
    work on liebert data systems all the time
    first if high head is tripping you need to look at dry cooler,no or inproper air flow will trip HPS which is manual reset
    compressor 1 will not stay on,liebert has oil level switch,comp. starts and pumps oil down and trips switch,must isolate comp to add oil,also no presure switches on liebert have schraders must isolate comp to replace,also alot of dry coolers depending on size use P66 electronic fan cycle control,which can be bypassed by wiring direct
    I've worked on lieberts for 7 years and have yet to run into one with fan cycling controls. Here in MN they alll have head masters. Usually they do not come with oil pressure switchs either. My guess is the low pressure switch is trippedd due to rub through on the high or low pressure switch, most likely high from the oil comment.

[QUOTE=SuperStar79;4402902]Im guessing the compressor blew a gasket.

SS79:
    I 'll send you 5 bucks if the compressor really blew a gasket. Just doesn't happen.
    Chillerwhisperer makes a good point - the facts you have written down are a bit helter skelter.
    FreonguyCM
    Superheat and subcooling tell it all !

How do you operate a p66 on a drycooler? Seems like there might be a missing element, since the heat rejection has NOWHERE to land a p66 captube. It's a shame this thread wasn't ever updated by the OP. Probably just a blown bellows on a pressure switch...

Liebert has an oil pressure switch???? WTF? Where are they hiding them?
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast