Need help understanding Honeywell IAQ and York Affinity

Greetings,

I just had my installer out to hook up the dehumidification terminals from the IAQ to my new York YP9C. (Something they did not do initially.) But he refused saying that he talked with the York techs and that
    1) I need a special relay since I have a variable speed blower
    2) It puts additional strain on the circuit board and if it goes out because of the IAQ, York won't honor the warranty
    3) the better thing to do is get a humidistat that goes on the return duct that measures the whole house.
    4) and 50% humidity in the summer is "a healthy house"

So... my questions:
    Exactly how is the IAQ supposed to be hooked up to the YP9C? Do I need an extra relay?

What is this about "strain on the circuit board"? Can I talk with a York customer service person and get their take on this?

What constitutes "comfort" in the summer time in Chicago (rel humidity)?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DGilmour22 View Post
    Greetings,

I just had my installer out to hook up the dehumidification terminals from the IAQ to my new York YP9C. (Something they did not do initially.) But he refused saying that he talked with the York techs and that
    1) I need a special relay since I have a variable speed blower
    2) It puts additional strain on the circuit board and if it goes out because of the IAQ, York won't honor the warranty
    3) the better thing to do is get a humidistat that goes on the return duct that measures the whole house.
    4) and 50% humidity in the summer is "a healthy house"

So... my questions:
    Exactly how is the IAQ supposed to be hooked up to the YP9C? Do I need an extra relay?

What is this about "strain on the circuit board"? Can I talk with a York customer service person and get their take on this?

What constitutes "comfort" in the summer time in Chicago (rel humidity)?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
    -Doug
    Is this the same yahoo that told you the installation of the IAQ would void the manufacturer warranty? If so, why are you continuing to deal with someone that speaks - as beenthere so eloquently stated it, from his butt?

Get someone to do the install that knows what they are doing.

Good luck.

It is the same..

I am simply trying to finish the initial configuration and square what I hear from this forum with what I am hearing from them with what I am reading in the manual..

My take on what can be wired is this:
    1) Changes on the VisionPro IAQ t-stat installation at the Equipment Interface Module
    a. Connect a jumper from R terminal to DHM1 terminal
    b. Connect DHM2 terminal to furnace board DHUM terminal (This requires 6 ft wire run)
    2) Changes on furnace
    a. Change delay tap to A
    b. Change Humidistat jumper to Yes

Can somone confirm?
    Thanks.

Your contractor is a _____!!!!

Tell him to take a real course on the York mod.

He can also come here.

An instructor for York is a member here.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ok. How exactly do I do that? Does he have any leverage in my relationship with York? Or is my warranty valid with any York certified installer?

I meant that an Instructor from York. Is a member here and can set him straight.

Ant York contractor, can get you warranty parts(any HVAC contractor for that matter).
    If you have an extended labor warranty, that can be tranfered to another York contractor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Went down to Plumbers Supply (York distributor) earlier this week. GM wants me to conduct their technical training this fall. Seems that the fellow that replaced me has already been relieved of his duties. In the interim, I get to play tech trainer again.

I saw a HW IAQ on the shelf. Asked the sales rep, "Are there any limitations to selling the IAQ with any York product?"

<crickets>

Followed by, "What the hell are you asking?"

Of course you can install a HW IAQ with York products.

You should call these folks:

For Consumer Relations, please contact UPG toll free at:
    (877) 874-7378
    Monday - Friday between 8am - 5pm Central Time
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by DGilmour22 View Post
    It is the same..

I am simply trying to finish the initial configuration and square what I hear from this forum with what I am hearing from them with what I am reading in the manual..

My take on what can be wired is this:
    1) Changes on the VisionPro IAQ t-stat installation at the Equipment Interface Module
    a. Connect a jumper from R terminal to DHM1 terminal
    b. Connect DHM2 terminal to furnace board DHUM terminal (This requires 6 ft wire run)
    2) Changes on furnace
    a. Change delay tap to A
    b. Change Humidistat jumper to Yes

Can somone confirm?
    Thanks.
    See Post 26, thread: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=355642