Does Honeywell IAQ void York warranty?

Greetings,

I am very thankful for the discussions on this site. I have used them to determine how to evaluate different proposals from vendors and to offer some suggestions that would aid in my overall satisfaction of the system.

My contractor is telling me that the IAQ may nullify my York warranty. Something about it blowing circuit boards and that it's not just with this one, but others as well. He's trying to get the technical rep to give him a straight answer. Can anyone confirm/deny/point me in a direction on this?

Thanks...

Some History...
    With a lot of research on this site and others, I received several quotes from differnt contractors and I purchased a York 9C (80K btu) furnace and the 5T airconditioner (2 ton). Since I have a tri-level house, I have a couple of the common complaints... cool/humid in the lower level, hot upstairs.. etc. So I also researched what can be done with zoning, remote sensors, humidity control and I landed on the Honeywell site looking at the IAQ and other units. Here at hvac-talk, I found that many people raved about it, so I insisted on it with the HVAC company I selected.

The install was a couple of weeks ago, and while we haven't had the hot summer weeks that are normal for Illinois, I did notice that the system was not getting to the humidity setpoint where I wanted it. I looked at the installation, got into the installer setup, examined the manuals for all of the units and found that the IAQ is considered a humidistat, that it should be wired from the EIM on the DHM terminals to the DHUM terminal on the furnace. That the jumper on the furnace should be set to Humidistat-Yes. ... Lots of great information on this site. I asked the installer to come back and run the wire and change the jumper settings. I know they have not used the IAQ that much, but it was at this point (me asking them to come back) that I received the warning that the IAQ may void the warranty.

Any information or insights would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Doug

Your contractor is talking out his butt.

It will not void Yorks warranty.

The York distributor for my area SELLS the IAQ stat for use with York equipment.

It doesn't blow circuit boards, unless they wire it up wrong.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

beenthere is correct. The thermostat is nothing more than a switching relay(unless it is digital communication). This thermostat works in almost any brand and any application.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

The York distributor for my area SELLS the IAQ stat for use with York equipment.

I thought York re-badged Honeywell stats including the IAQ.

The last IAQ I got from them wasn't rebadged.

Of course, my branch is a little slow.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

Can I have an AMEN! Rule one, "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS". For all others problems SEE "RULE ONE"!
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

yeah what beenthere said
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden