Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confused Did I Get Ripped Off ?

I had a contractor tell me he was installing 2 Rheem ACs and 2 Rheem Furnaces. When I went to register the warranties on line I couldn't because I found out I had 2 Rheem ACs with two ADP coils. The Furnaces are Rudd and Rheem (Not both Rheem). I never contracted for ADP coils. I spent 6 weeks researching units , companies and contractors and choose all Rheem products (I believed that Rheem was the right productfor me). When I asked my contractor about the ADP coils (AND who the heck is ADP anyway) I was told that he has been using ADP for years because the Rheem coild leak and cause problems all the time. While this may be true ...... does anyone have any experience with Rheem/Rudd coils ? ...... It is fraudulent as I was never told I was getting an ADP coil. So what shouild I do..... and does anyone know about ADP coils and Rheem / Rudd coil performance ?
    Thanks.

Hank909

Quote Originally Posted by Henry909 View Post
    I had a contractor tell me he was installing 2 Rheem ACs and 2 Rheem Furnaces. When I went to register the warranties on line I couldn't because I found out I had 2 Rheem ACs with two ADP coils. The Furnaces are Rudd and Rheem (Not both Rheem). I never contracted for ADP coils. I spent 6 weeks researching units , companies and contractors and choose all Rheem products (I believed that Rheem was the right productfor me). When I asked my contractor about the ADP coils (AND who the heck is ADP anyway) I was told that he has been using ADP for years because the Rheem coild leak and cause problems all the time. While this may be true ...... does anyone have any experience with Rheem/Rudd coils ? ...... It is fraudulent as I was never told I was getting an ADP coil. So what shouild I do..... and does anyone know about ADP coils and Rheem / Rudd coil performance ?
    Thanks.

Hank909
    I have Rheem in my house and it does not leak

I guess you need to look at the proposal and see what was specified. if it says Rheem you should have Rheem. What was his explanation about the furnaces?

Rheem is the more expensive line as compared to Rudd. Rudd is not a bad piece of equipment by anymeans but if your contract says Rheem you probably paid for the Rheem name.

Its up to you how you want to proceed with this.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Moved into residential!

This is begining to sound like a legal problem... I would contact the contractor and let him explain how he is going to rectify this issue.
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Have him prove it's an ARI match. I doubt they are.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over the Ruud furnace - it's identical to the comparable Rheem, warranties and everything. Unfortunately, the ADP coils, while possibly equivalent functionally, will void the warranty on the Rheem/Ruud units.

Insist on the Rheem coils - he's BS-ing you saying they leak! And then call Rheem customer service and ask them to help you register the Ruud furnace as a Rheem (you won't be able to do this - they will need to input it manually). Then ask them to send you an e-mail confirming this was done and keep this with your warranty information.

Was this contractor the low bidder?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Was this contractor the low bidder?
    That's a very good question!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Did I Get Ripped Off ??

The contractor I used was the middle of the range, Not the low bid .......There was a xxxxx dollar differnce in bids .... amazing but true ...
    I researched the contractor but obviously not enough ........

Pricing Removed
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 09-01-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Anyone taking bets. Permits anyone?

Confused Did I Get Ripped OFF ?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Anyone taking bets. Permits anyone?
    I live in NJ and I filed for all permits and was inspected by the town inspectors who gave me a thumbs up on everything.

If the ARI is the same then my only issue would be the warranty with Rheem / Rudd ?
    How big a deal; is it to change the coils from ADSP to Rheem ?
    Will it disrupt my syaytem and potentially cause future problems ?
    Thanks.

Were any rebates involved?
    I ask because while installing for my former company we would sometimes have to use ADP coils on Trane units for them to qualify.

Did I get ripped off ?

Quote Originally Posted by When'sPayday? View Post
    Were any rebates involved?
    I ask because while installing for my former company we would sometimes have to use ADP coils on Trane units for them to qualify.
    No rebated involved.
    As far as I know ... I didn't get anything ..... not sure about the contractor ?
    What are ADP'sanyway ?
    I never heard of them ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast