+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insurance for Commercial Kitchen Repair

Post Likes

Insurance for Commercial Kitchen Repair

I have to renew my business insurance and want to ask you guys a question, What type of insurance do you have and where did you get it and what is your cost for it.

I have insurance but everyone said I just need HVAC insurance and I can't believe that. Do you have some type of specialty insurance or something that covers refrigeration and kitchen repair? I need some help here with finding the right coverage.

Thanks in advance for your help and feel free to move this post if it will help others in a similar situation.

Thanks again,

Citywide.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Post Likes
    ANYBODY???????

just wondered what kind of insurance you all have whether or not is is specialized or not...if so what do you have and who is it with so I can get a quote!

Thanks,

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Post Likes
    In order to run a business you usually need General Liability Insurance and if you have any employees then you will need workman's comp insurance. That is what I have as well as insurance on my vechicles. The General Liability will cover any kind of accidents that may occur with repairs you make etc. My General Liability insurance also covers my shop and the tools and parts inside my van if it were to get broke into.

Post Likes
    Same here GL covers anything I may burn down or blowup and tools on truck. Price depends on gross sales and how many people you have working for you. More people more chnaces to burn down or blowup

Post Likes
    i have similar question, just have a hard time believing an insurance salesman you know

i got 500,000 liability. told him (all state) i was going to be working on commercial appliances. ovens, fryers, walk-ins etc... it's also based on a low part time volume of work-20k per year.
    paying $900/year. does this sound right. i worry if something happens they will say " that's not covered" anyways, does anyone else have anything specialized, or just liability? i have 0 employees also

Post Likes
    GL, work comp & auto with an umbrella rider (I think that's what it's called). I'm cover for everything. They will do an audit every few years to make sure they are charging correctly. Payroll audit and a break down of the type of work you do, hvac/plumbing/refrigeration/food equipment etc. if one year you end up doing way more work in a higher risk area then your rate will increase, opposite if you end up doing less work on the higher risk stuff.

Post Likes
    We switched to auto owners (I think) from federated and saved a ton of money so definitely shop around. I wish our rate was as low as yours but we've got employees more trucks, workmans comp ect. (~2k/month) Shortly after switching, like 2 months, we totally f'd up a church building, thankfully not the sanctuary and organ, by leaving an open low pressure steam line open overnight while changing a coil. It was warm and we didn't turn off the boiler oops. The temp dropped earlt morning, boiler fired and turned the building into a steam bath. They paid the 40k claim with no questions, our premium did go up a little but its still less than we were paying federated after 20 years with no claims.

Post Likes
    I have Farm Bureau liability Insurance. The minimum that all of my builders insurance companies want subs to carry is a 2mil minimum. This also is the same for most muni's and gov's. Most will require a certificate just for a single job.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    I say read your coverage packet for what's covered and what they can weasel out of, first hand experience taught me tools on truck when truck was stolen are not covered...go figure!
    As far as insurance needs, your GL is specific to your work type and should be clearly conveyed to your carrier in writing.
    My words of hindsight...READ the packet for what is and is not covered!

Post Likes
    First off, I would say a respectable Broker should be able to figure this out for you. I no insurance guy, but here is what we have:
    Work Comp classifications are HVAC, Clerical, Refrigeration Contractor (there are codes by State). General liability is for Appliance and Accessories Install, HVAC. All of this is subject to an audit every year. PM me if you want more info.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in