Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Question Goldstar GS120CE identical with LG LS120CE

    Hi,

    I could not find an answer to my question anywhere on the web and hope one of you guys has some background information for me.
    My contractor (the one who built the condo) offers me Goldstar GS120CE split-unit. I was always under the impression that the brand Goldstar doesnt exist anymore and became LG years ago. Would that mean this is some outdated model that he bought in bulk years ago, when LG was still Goldstar? Or is it the same model than LG LS120CE?
    I had sent an email to LG in order to find out but they replied that they were unable to answer my question. What's the secret about this Goldstar brand?

    If anyone can help find the answer... Thanks very much!
    Chris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimselsteiner View Post
    Hi,

    I could not find an answer to my question anywhere on the web and hope one of you guys has some background information for me.
    My contractor (the one who built the condo) offers me Goldstar GS120CE split-unit. I was always under the impression that the brand Goldstar doesnt exist anymore and became LG years ago. Would that mean this is some outdated model that he bought in bulk years ago, when LG was still Goldstar? Or is it the same model than LG LS120CE?
    I had sent an email to LG in order to find out but they replied that they were unable to answer my question. What's the secret about this Goldstar brand?

    If anyone can help find the answer... Thanks very much!
    Chris
    It would appear as though Goldstar is still a brand under the LG flag. Read the history of LG and check out the Goldstar product line at these two sites:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Electronics
    http://www.goldstarappliances.com/

    A simple Google search came up with these results.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mchild View Post
    It would appear as though Goldstar is still a brand under the LG flag. Read the history of LG and check out the Goldstar product line at these two sites:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Electronics
    http://www.goldstarappliances.com/

    A simple Google search came up with these results.
    Thanks for the reply. I had done those simple google searches before posting my question in here and came across those two websites, which were not helpful at all, since I already knew that Goldstar is now called LG, and that goldstarappliances website does not offer any mini-split units at all.

    That's why I am asking how come my contractor offers me a split unit Goldstar GS120CE and not LG LS120CE. Since wikipedia says the brand name has changed in the 1990s I am wondering if that model offered by my contractor is outdated. Or is LG marketing their ductless a/c under Goldstar brand for wholesale?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimselsteiner View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I had done those simple google searches before posting my question in here and came across those two websites, which were not helpful at all, since I already knew that Goldstar is now called LG, and that goldstarappliances website does not offer any mini-split units at all.

    That's why I am asking how come my contractor offers me a split unit Goldstar GS120CE and not LG LS120CE. Since wikipedia says the brand name has changed in the 1990s I am wondering if that model offered by my contractor is outdated. Or is LG marketing their ductless a/c under Goldstar brand for wholesale?
    Mini-splits may well not be on the retail site as they leave much of the marketing of those units to the contractors. If the LG version is a current model then the Goldstar is too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event