HVAC Training??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by beavercreekhc View Post
    i thought RSI in Phoenix,AZ was a great choice. Very good teachers and a lot of hands on training. Very reasonable priced too. Best thing about it, after you graduate you can always go back for a refresher class for free. All the instructors have been in the field and are very knowledgeable. i made the trip from central iowa to arizona and i don't regret it one bit. They have different times to take the class... you could do a morning class, a midday class or a night class. i chose the night class so i could work during the days out there. the night class took a little longer because it was only 4 hours a day compared to the 6 hours you got during one of the day classes. each phase is 100 hours and there is 6 phases.

RSI in fact is very decent and fair priced, the downside* No work in AZ right now, not just in HVAC, everything has crashed for now, comes summer this field will be saturated with desperate experienced techs taking low ball wages.

Baja500, make sure your kid is in a specialty that is highly transferable in the civilian market and please, ask him to take advantage of outside collage programs while serving. See when I served, the us government could have paid 1/2 my collage cost. How can you pass that up? I signed up for the GI bill and it paid for my collage twice!

Quote Originally Posted by lortech View Post
    Baja500, make sure your kid is in a specialty that is highly transferable in the civilian market and please, ask him to take advantage of outside collage programs while serving. See when I served, the us government could have paid 1/2 my collage cost. How can you pass that up? I signed up for the GI bill and it paid for my collage twice!
    Right on, the GI bill also paid for my hvac training. My kiddo is into fire science and College played a big part in the decision to join the Navy, now if he wants to enter the AC trade afterwards will be his decision, still I will try to discourage him, You are right about college programas, now days our trade is going downhill moneywise and running a shop takes a toll on you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123