Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Make sure I is a accredited school so you can transfer if he wants
    If you help others then you are a Success

The union apprecticeship would be great. However, I would caution the current economy. Not sure how the market is there. I went to a local vo tech for awhile before getting into the program and it helped alot. The local vo tech in my area mainly covered small systems and theory. Not sure if the ones in your area cover commercial systems. Getting into unions sometimes comes with either knowing someone or having some experience (vo tech). It really depends. Once in the union though he can go to the apprenticeship and continue online classes through Washentaw Community College and even Ferris State if he wanted to. I am currently doing this. Alot of people have bad feelings about the union. I can honestly say they have been very good to me. I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Good luck.

One question for you - are you in the trade? I have tried to get my son to get into the trade and he's just is not interested. I don't blame him and he's alot smarter than I am. He still has a little of high school left, so he has time to think about it. Just curious.
    Anyone who says this trade is easy, aint doing it right!

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

Proud member of the United Association.

"One question for you - are you in the trade? I have tried to get my son to
    get into the trade and he's just is not interested."...

No. I have worked in Mortgage/Banking since I was 20. 17 LONG years!!! Plus, for the last two+ years I have been working a 2nd job at a Jewish Center.

Having to work two jobs is my main reason for pushing my son to choose a decent career and not allowing him to settle for a mediocre education. He doesn't realize how lucky he is to have someone care whether he succeeds or not. I didn't have that when I was growing up. My parents couldn't have cared any less if I graduated high school or not, let alone go to college. Besides.....who's going to take care of me when I get old??!!

I have gotten a lot of feedback and after sharing that info with him, I "think" I have finally gotten through to him. He has agreed to sign up for an assoc. degree at Lawson State but he wants to check out Gadsden State first, which is fine with me. They have the exact same program as Lawson and they also require Speech in addition to 3 credit hours of humanity (he's not going to like that!). Their campus is nearly an hour away so I know he's not going to enroll there. He probably just wants to feel like Lawson was a choice he made and not me. But whatever works!!

Hopefully, he'll be starting college soon. Yeah!

Thank you all for your help!

I hope it works out Mom Let him know it just one of those things like in a Job you just have to take the good with and the task you don't like. Stay on him he's young.

Had a kid working for me drop out of College the 1st 2 to 3 months I made sure he was very happy once I set the hook in his mouth I made sure he got most all Sh!t jobs every.
    when every he said any thing I said well you got No training and no education.

HE went back and finish he sent me a notification of his BS in Computers science and two Word "THANK YOU"

Military technical school, he will get paid to learn.

ONEMEANMOM, I just found out yesterday that Alabama Power has a training center near Clanton.

Maybe this will help you.
    http://www.alabamapower.com/hvac/home.asp

Thumbs up

Shelton State has a good program in Tuscaloosa, I know couple guys who finished there one went in business for himself and is doing good. Alabama Power training courses are great after you get through the basics in tech school. I attended a few classes at the Alabama Power training center they have a very good group of instructors.

Confused what way is the best to rember h vac math

can anyone tell me the best way to do hvac math and rember it to

Quote Originally Posted by tommyblad420 View Post
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyblad420 View Post
    Yes.

Don't memorize anything.

Understand HOW the formulas work. Once you know HOW they work, you will be able to solve them quickly and easily, and if you ever happen to forget the formula, if you understand it, you will be able to re-figure it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Yes.

Don't memorize anything.

Understand HOW the formulas work. Once you know HOW they work, you will be able to solve them quickly and easily, and if you ever happen to forget the formula, if you understand it, you will be able to re-figure it.
    Well put

My kiddo joined the Navy , I discouraged him into doing Hvac,your Son will be doing a lot of blabing and writing in this trade, the shy do not make it far, as for math, is minimal .just to complete invoices and add tax to them not rocket science.Perhaps 4 yrs in the Air force! military service will take the shy out of him, give him paid training and time for the economy to recover, right now is bad for many of us,> Good luck to your Kiddo.

i thought RSI in Phoenix,AZ was a great choice. Very good teachers and a lot of hands on training. Very reasonable priced too. Best thing about it, after you graduate you can always go back for a refresher class for free. All the instructors have been in the field and are very knowledgeable. i made the trip from central iowa to arizona and i don't regret it one bit. They have different times to take the class... you could do a morning class, a midday class or a night class. i chose the night class so i could work during the days out there. the night class took a little longer because it was only 4 hours a day compared to the 6 hours you got during one of the day classes. each phase is 100 hours and there is 6 phases.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast