Post Likes

TAC MNL800 points in Niagara AX

Hello All,

This is probably a fairly easy question but I'm just doing my due diligence. I have a site with an MNL800 connected to the lon network of a Jace 403. My customer wants to add lighting relays to spare DO's on the controller and bring them into the AX front end. I'm thinking the DOs should be there when I do a discover on the points in AX, but I don't know what they are called. Can someone more familiar with TAC tell me if this will work, or am I screwed without the Workplace Tech software?

Post Likes
    You need Workplace tech to configure the DO's and all of the logic to drive them. You could do the logic in AX but you still need to connect SNVT's to the DO's in the controller program which requires Workplace Tech.

3. Likes bigguy158 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldman View Post
    You need Workplace tech...
    That is unfortunate to hear. I guess the other option would be to add some kind of LON point module instead to provide DOs for lighting. The Jace is Schneider but the license has been opened. Is there anything stopping me from adding a module to the lon network? Do you have any recommendations on a good point module?

Post Likes
    may be look at circon controllers, each of their output points come with an override nvi for all their DOs, and their DOs are true relays.
    something like SCC-310 GPC, SCC-410 or SCC-420

good luck

Post Likes
    With an open Jace, adding a new Lon controller would be your best bet if you don't have Workplace Tech. You should be able to add whatever Lon device you want to.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyTanner View Post
    With an open Jace, adding a new Lon controller would be your best bet if you don't have Workplace Tech. You should be able to add whatever Lon device you want to.
    Yeah it sounds like that will the way I'd have to go. I'm looking at a LON relay from functional devices or a honeywell XIO-4DO expansion module if it can be used without any extra software to set it up.