Post Likes

Confused Johnson TEC problem on NC/NAE network

I have a customer whose system is made up of several NAEs, but still have many NCs reporting through an NIE. There are some TECs on many of the old NC trunks and they usually communicate OK. In one of the areas, one TECs points are offline, while others are OK. If we change the TECs address to one that is working, while removing the working unit, its points show up just fine. It doesn't look like the hardware is bad. Those points were mapped in the old days through a Model file. Now that the front-end is an ADX, I'm not sure if the Model files still exist on the original OWS, or could be located in the NC. In any case, it would still seem that if other TECs in the same NC are communicating OK, why can't this one device report correctly? I have also found out that this is not the only device showing this behavior. It's been a random event on the system. We thought about deleting the points, then rebuilding them referencing working points (Copy of " ") on another TEC. I don't have access to the OWS, but we log into the system at an NC using a Non-configured laptop to make our changes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    What happens if you power off the TEC that is offline? I'm wondering if there is address conflict. It's not that hard to change the MAC on a TEC. If that's not it one of the PMI guys will have to help.

Post Likes
    It wasn't an address conflict. We ended up logging in with PMI, and toggling the Disable/Enable Communications option under the NC Hardware, which solved the issue. Thanks.