Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

usb to ccn converter

Anyone know how to change the address of my usb to ccn converter? it is factory set to 240 and I cannot send a driver update to an address above 239. they tell you to change it , but not how to change it?

Post Likes
    What are you trying to do?

You can change the element number by right clicking a connection in connection manager. Then in properties choose what ever element number you want your converter to be.

Post Likes
    trying to update the driver. I can't get it into connection manager because I can't find it. If its address is at 240 like the literature says, I can't scan above 239, unless I'm missing something. Which seems likely

Post Likes
    Maybe I'm not understanding? You are trying to update the usb to CCN driver? You would update the driver in Windows Device Manger.

You can't get into connection manager, but you are able to get into device manager(to do a bus scan)?

I'm really confused. What program are you trying to use to send a driver update to your usb to CCN converter?

Post Likes
    There is a file that gets added, through fieldloader, to upgrade the nstv device itself. The drivers in device manager are correct. The device works fine, with the exception of bus manager because that wasnt a feature in version 1 of the converter but got added to version 2, except you need to update the converter with fieldloader just like when you upgrade a p'link or bypass controller. Making more sense?

Post Likes
    Ok, I understand.

So open up connection manger pick and any connection. Set element for any number 239 or lower and connect. Then click fieldloader from the top pane. Select the usb to CCN converter as the type and enter the address of it(that you selected in the previous step). Then download.

That should work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Grossman View Post
    I can't get it into connection manager because I can't find it.
    Connection Manager is part of Network Service Tool. Look under it's program folder.

Post Likes
    Hi Jason,

Do you have Field Loader installed? it is a separate install....

Anyone know how to change the address of my usb to ccn converter? it is factory set to 240 and I cannot send a driver update to an address above 239. they tell you to change it , but not how to change it?

Post Likes
    I do have field loader. The only problem is that the address for the Nstv converter is 240, according to the software upgrade instructions. They tell you to change it to something between 1 and 239 but I can figure out how to change it because I can't access it in device manager because you can only scan to 239. See my dilemma? The must be a way but I haven't found it in the literature.

Post Likes
    I do have field loader. The only problem is that the address for the Nstv converter is 240, according to the software upgrade instructions. They tell you to change it to something between 1 and 239 but I can figure out how to change it because I can't access it in device manager because you can only scan to 239. See my dilemma? The must be a way but I haven't found it in the literature.
    Again you have to change it in Connection Manager.....not Device Manager. See my post above
    Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  85.1 KBName:  Image2.png
Views: 279
Size:  65.1 KB

Post Likes
    I think I see now. Thanks so much. I'll let you know how it works

Post Likes
    I knew I was missing something. Thanks. Worked perfect.

Post Likes
    I knew I was missing something. Thanks. Worked perfect.
    Good to here........now if only my local Carrier Rep would give me Fieldloader and access to the software files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast